Chapter 3

"Mommy, I don't feel good."

"What's wrong?"

"My tummy hurts." I turned around finding her looking pale. I walked over and felt her forehead, she was warm.

"Go change into your jammies."

As soon as I said that she threw up on me and started sobbing.

"Mom." I yelled and took Sophia to the bathroom in case she threw up again.

"Sophia, its okay just breathe."

I took off the shirt she threw up on leaving me in a tank top. She threw up again and I rubbed her back holding her hair.

"It's okay baby." Once she was done I washed her mouth off and she brushed her teeth.

"Better?" She nodded and I wiped the tears out of her eyes.

"Come here honey, mommy needs to clean up."  Mom said to Sophia.

"Mommy."

"I will be right there okay. Tell her if you're going to get sick." I kissed her forehead and sent her off with my mom. I took a shower and changed into comfy clothes before cleaning up and going downstairs. She was curled up with my mom, but crawled into my arms, resting her head against my chest.

"What are you going to do about tonight?"

"Cancel, she needs me."

"I could." I shook my head.

"Thank you, but she's not feeling good. I wouldn't feel right leaving when she's not feeling good."

"If you sure."

I kissed Sophia's forehead before grabbing my phone

"Hey I'm so sorry, I have to cancel. I'm not feeling too great." I texted Colin.

I hated when she's sick, she always looked so miserable. My mom came in handing me a cream soda for Sophia.

"Just sip it."

"Did you give her anything?"

"Yea some Morten."

"Thank you."

"You feel better?"

"Little bit."

I brushed the hair out of her face and she grabbed my hand curling it up to her chest.

"You just want your mommy huh." She nodded, while I kissed her cheek. I heard my dad come in and he frowned when he saw us.

"What's wrong?"

"Baby girl isn't feeling too good, so mommy is staying home to cuddle with her."

"My poor little granddaughter. Is mommy making you feel better?" She nodded and my dad sighed before going to sit next to my mom. They had their problems in the past, but they worked them all out in the end.

"We're going to watch a movie upstairs. If you need anything, you know where we are."

"Okay."

They went upstairs while we watched Sophia's movie. There was a knock on the door, so I tried to lay her down on her own, but she only held onto me tighter. I walked over to the door opening it finding Colin on the other side.

"Colin." I gasped.

"You said you weren't feeling good so I brought you some soup."

"Awe, you're so sweet." I smiled.