Chapter 2

"What are you doing here?" I hissed.

"You said she wanted to see me and here I am."

"Honey, go finish eating." She grabbed his hand and brought him to the kitchen where she finished eating.

"What did you do today?" He asked her.

"Went to Aunt Sean's and play with Sydney."

"Sounds like fun."

"Daddy, will you stay tonight?" He looked at me and I mouthed no.

"I can't, this is mommy's house."

"Please."

"Ask your mom." I glared at him before looking at Sophia.

"Mommy, he stay?"

"Baby he can't stay, but he can tuck you in."

"Okay!"

I absolutely hated this, she was my daughter not his. She loved him and I was happy for her, but I hate it. I know that's selfish but I'm her mother and I'm never not going to be there for her. We finished eating and went into the living room to watch a movie. She curled up with him, leaving me a little hurt. After this long day I just wanted to cuddle her. My mom texted me, saying that they weren't coming home tonight, gross.

"She fell asleep."

"Let's get her upstairs." He carried her upstairs and laid her on her bed, while I grabbed her jammies to change her.

"Mommy."

"What baby?"

"I have to pee."

"Go head." I let her go and she went to the bathroom before coming back jumping on the bed.

"Good night baby girl, love you."

"Love you daddy." He kissed her forehead and she smiled at him.

"Alright munchkin, I will see you in the morning. I love you."

"Love you mommy." I gave her a kiss and she turned over to go to sleep. I watched her for a minute then headed downstairs with Rickey.

"You're great with her." He smiled at me.

"Thanks, she's my best friend. Thank you for coming over to spend time with her."

"I would like to spend more time with her."

"Like I said in the hospital you need to prove it."

"How about you let me take her Friday night?"

"No, I don't trust you. Let's take baby steps here. If you want to spend time with her text me and if we're free you can. For now I have to be there. She still barely knows you and I'm just not comfortable leaving you with her alone."

"What do you think I would hurt her?" I shook my head.

"No, I don't think you're ready to be on your own with her."

"It's not that hard."

"Yes it is, it's a lot harder than you think."

"What about us?"

"What do you mean?"

"Me and you."

"There is no me and you. There never was and there never will be." I hissed.

"She deserves her parents to be together."

"Maybe when I was pregnant or even after she was born we could have tried, but I don't want to be with you. You want to talk about what she deserves. She deserves her dad to be there for her."