Chapter 17

Today is Colin's funeral and I am a wreck. It still feels so unreal that he is not just going to walk through the front door. My parents showed up with Gavin, so I'm assuming the girls are with Rickey.

"Ready." Mom asked.

I slowly nodded my head and walked past them getting the car. Slowly they followed me and got in the car so we could go to the church. Once we got there my mom wrapped her arm around me pulling me to her. I'm sure people want to talk to me, but I'm not ready to talk to anyone just yet.

"McKenna." I turned to one of Colin's family members.

"I'm so sorry for your loss."

"Thank you."

"Is Ellie here?"

"No, she is with a friend." She nodded and we went to sit down.

"Mom."

"What?"

"I want to leave." I cried.

"We just got here, honey you need to stay."

"I don't want to talk to anyone."

"You don't have to okay, as soon as this is over we will leave." I nodded, looking around finding a picture of Colin. He was holding Ellie and they were making faces at each other. Everyone sat down and the pastor started to speak. After a little bit it was my turn to speak. I got up and went to the podium.

"You know the next time we were supposed to be together in this church was the day we got married. When we first met I never thought we would be where we are. You amazed me from the start. The night you found out about my daughter you accepted her, and you will never know how thankful I am for that. When I needed you, you were always there. Telling you I was pregnant with Ellie, I was terrified, but you were so amazing. I don't know how you put up with me those nine months and especially when I was in labor.

Colin was the most amazing dad, and I know he would have been an amazing husband. I keep asking what I am going to tell Ellie about her dad. A good friend of mine keeps telling me, we just have to tell her how amazing he was and tell her stories. I'm still waiting for you to walk through the front door, or give me a call saying you're on your way home. I love you Colin, we all love you."

I got down and sobbed. My mom came up and pulled me into her arms.

"Mom I want to go home."

"Okay, let's go." She got my dad and we left going back to my house.

"Honey, do you need anything?"

"No."

"Will you please eat some soup at least?" I looked at my mom, looking like she was going to break down in tears, so I nodded my head. My dad came in and lay down next to me.

"Let's watch a game." I smiled and moved to curl up with my dad. Like Rickey, he didn't pressure me to talk or anything he was just there.

"Love you baby girl."

"Love you too daddy." He kissed my forehead as I just curled into him. A couple of minutes later my mom came in with my soup.

"Are you going to stay with her, I have to go."

"Where?"

"Rickey needs help with the girls."

"Okay we will see you in a little bit."

"Baby, do you want me to bring the girls?"

"Yea." She smiled and I saw her pull out her phone, probably just to text Rickey. She got on the bed, wrapping her arms around me and rested her head against me.