Chapter 9

Will she be happy to see me there? Or will she freak out? What if she will slap me?

“Oh God why did I decide to turn up on her doorstep without informing her but then I also wanted to surprise her for her birthday.” Nathan muttered to himself as the plane landed in Chhatrapati Shivaji Maharaj International Airport.

His heart and mind was in turmoil. He was very nervous but also excited. He couldn't wait to meet her in person.

Eight years of online friendship and sending her gifts from America was getting old now. Nathan wanted to surprise her this time. That's why, rather than sending gifts, he decided to come as a gift this year.

“I hope you'll be happy to see me Kiara.” He wished and got up from the seat as passengers were getting off the plane.

After collecting his bag, he headed out of the airport and hopped in the taxi.

“Address sir?” The driver questioned.

Nathan showed him the address to Kiara's house. He wasn't popping there without informing anyone, Kiara mother knows about Nathan coming to surprise Kiara for her birthday. She knows it all. He told her everything.

“Forty five minutes sir.” Nathan smiled at the driver and thanked him. The driver smiled back and started driving.

An idea popped in Nathan's mind while sitting in the backseat and staring at the beauty of India.

He smirked and opened his Instagram. Eight years and they never shared their contact number with each other.

He chuckled and texted her.

Oi

He kept checking his phone every second until his phone pinged. Excitement bubbled in his heart, it was her.

‘Look who messaged me. What did I do to have the privilege of receiving a message from Mr. Nathan Taylor?’

Nathan laughed at her response. The driver looked at him through the rearview mirror.

A question popped up in my mind.’

Just in a few seconds she replied, ‘what is it?’

‘What if I come to meet you?’ He hesitantly typed and contemplated whether to send it or not. Eventually, he clicked on the send button.

‘REALLY? YOU WILL COME TO MEET ME? THAT WILL BE AMAZING!’

Her response bloomed his heart in ecstasy. It was confirmed that at least she wouldn't slap him on his face.

‘Maybe someday in future ;)’

He texted back with a grin plastered on his lips.

Waiting for that day Mr. Taylor Swift.’

He shook his head and scoffed at her text.

You will never grow up 🤦🏼‍♂️’

It was her sweet bickering and childish acts which made Nathan fall in love with Kiara. Even he didn't realise when he couldn't spend a day without talking to her.

Falling in love has always been beautiful. It's the confession which ruins everything.

Nathan knows how much just a simple love confession ruined his life last time and he wasn't ready for it this time.

He was not ready to go through the whole heartbreak again. His heart wasn't strong enough to overcome it again. This time it would break him apart.

Love has always been on Nathan's side except that one time, when Amelia left him.