Chapter 11 Finding out

Start from the beginning

"Mike. Laney is your daughter." Foxy said.

I stared at him.

"What?"

"You heard me! Today, T.B and I look online about Laney and it turned out that she was your child, and was adopted. She was only a month old. She had a disease, and that's why she stayed in the hospital for three weeks. Your wife escaped the hospital and brought her to the orphanage."

I walked away a few steps for a second.

"Mike," Foxy started," was there any clue that you might've had a child?"

I thought for a second.

"My wife," I started," her last words were," go to her." I didn't understand what she meant. I got drunk that night. Didn't think about those last words until now."

I looked at Foxy.

"How is this possible?" I asked.

"I don't know. But, you had to know. But I do t think it's good to let Laney know right now. If she finds out, then she'll asked questions. Many questions. You see how she can be curious. She might not understand. That's why we need to wait for the right time."

"Your right."

"Good. Then let's..."

Suddenly, we heard a crash from behind us.

Jeremy's pov

When I left getting some coffee, I saw Foxy and Mike go into the party room.

I wonder what they're doing, I thought, I should probably follow them.

So, I quietly started to go to the party room.

"Jeremy!"

I turned to see Bonnie behind me.

"God! Don't scare me like that."

"Sorry," he started," I'm just wondering why you got scared of me last night."

I looked at him.

"You don't know?" I asked.

"Know about what?" He asked.

"Your eyes. They were gone! It was freaky."

Bonnie stared at me.

"My eyes were gone? I never noticed. I could see perfectly fine. Maybe you were just imagining stuff. That kinda happens when your around us at night. It's rare."

"Oh. Well, good to know."

"And it's good to know what you were scared about. I'll see ya around."

"Ok."

When Bonnie left, I walked over to the party room. I heard Foxy and Mike having a conversation.

"Mike," Foxy started," was there any clue that you might've had a child?"

Mike has a child, i thought, I never thought he could have a kid.

"My wife," Mike started," her last words were," go to her." I didn't understand what she meant. I got drunk that night. Didn't think about those last words until now. How is this possible?"

Wait, he doesn't know he has a kid? Wait a second...

"I don't know. But, you had to know. But I do t think it's good to let Laney know right now. If she finds out, then she'll asked questions. Many questions. You see how she can be curious. She might not understand. That's why we need to wait for the right time."

Laney. Is Mike's daughter?!

I was so shocked that I dropped my coffee mug and it smashed into the floor. The two turned to see me.

"Uhh, hi guys." I said nervously.

"Uhh, Jeremy," Mike started," how much did you here."

"Enough to know that your Laney's real father."

"Shoot. Listen Jeremy. You can't tell Laney."

"Wait! Does this mean I'm not actually Laney's cousin?!?"

"Yeah. Sorry."

I was so shocked.

"Oh my god."

"Jeremy," Foxy started," you promise not to tell Laney?"

"I promise. I don't want this to ruin our relationship."

"Thanks, mate."

"Yeah."

"Now," Mike started," let's get back to the others."