Chapter Thirty Three: Agony (1)

Vote Target: 1.5k

I snuggled into the comfort, comfort of my father

I rest my head on his lap, indifferent to the worries that lie ahead, while his fingers smooth out my hair.

The peace sounds unfamiliar to me but now I just want to welcome it with my open arms. For quite some time now, I have been yearning for this tranquillity.

I found this silence to be comfortable rather than oppressive, and it seems strange.

I would have changed my destiny if given the chance because I missed the carefree and happy version of myself. The happy girl was lost in the shadows, shattered and torn apart, tainted, and alone with no one to console her.

Despite my repeated assurances that she was innocent, should not be punished, and had done nothing wrong, she would eventually show me her teary red eyes and tremble when she taunted me by saying, 'Loving someone to death was my mistake, this was the consequences of my love.'

"Do I have to break someone's nose? Who made my Princess cry like this?" His voice broke the chain of dreadful thoughts.

I opened my eyes to look up at him. From observing him, I took away one lesson: destiny will always have its say, regardless of the decisions we make. The same way that Veer Malhotra would inevitably embrace my shattered mother.

"No one. Just wondering, How did you meet Ma?" My lips pulled upward as I stayed laying my head on his lap.

"Have you met before?" My curiosity took its way as I heard another deep chuckle while dad just kept on smiling.

I pulled my head up to look at Papaji who was sitting on the opposite sofa of my cabin going while scrolling his phone.

I heard my father say, "It is a long story, Baccha," and I scowled as I sat down next to him.

"Why don't you just say you were a childhood sweetheart." Papaji stated making my eyes go wide.

"Is that so?" i asked, while giving dad a teasing look.

"Rashmi did not know that time that I liked her. Dad answered, lost in love, the soft words leaving his mouth with a trace of regret. "I used to follow her all the time but I could not gather enough courage to ask her out or tell her about my feelings."

"Those were the golden days" He smiled sharing his perspective.

"You know he once ran miles to get the favourite flower that Rashmi likes, and just to get that Orchids he ran fifteen kilometres to have that one particular Orchid for her birthday. Yet he did not express his feelings for her and secretly kept those flowers on her bench" Papaji revealed.

"Really? But why you did not?"

He replied, smiling slightly, "I never got the courage to tell her."

"Yes, but can break some bones for her" I heard Papaji scoffed as he scowled looking at his phone.