Stay

Ryujin sat on the bench, her surroundings blurry as she plugged in her headphones, engrossed in her studies. Her silky raven hair fell over her face as she looked down at her textbook, covering it. She didn't care though.

The words 'Study Hard!' , 'Stay Focused.' , 'You can do it!' and various other motivational quotes were hung up on the 4 walls of the messy classroom. The students stayed in their own little world, being delusional thinking that she would actually befriend them.

Her eyes looked as if they had no interest, no desire of living, yet they said that it gave her a look of mystery.

Ryujin paid no attention to them, seeing them as pathetic people who idolized her just for her looks. Moreover, those people held no part in her life.

Her 'intense' study session was suddenly cut short, when a slight tap on her shoulder made her look up.

"You're Shin Ryujin, right?" A boy, more specifically the new transferee in her class spoke. Ryujin could already sense the jealousy that was spreading like a virus.

"I'm Beomgyu. Choi Beomgyu. Let's be friends." A charming smile appeared on his face, his hands reaching hers. But Ryujin stood still. Friends weren't ideal for her. They were a nuisance.

"If you don't have anything else to say, just please, go away. I'm busy. Tsk." She said, not even letting him reply as she put her headphones back in. The boy looked taken aback by her cold comment, but she couldn't care less about his thoughts of her.

"You're rude." Beomgyu remarked, taking a seat beside her in the empty chair. No one really dared to sit beside Thee Shin Ryujin, she may not care about it, but she held an influence in that classroom.

"Let's make a deal. I'll try to become your friend for 5 months, and if I succeed, you'll stay my friend forever. And if I don't," He clicked his tongue, as Ryujin tilted her head, waiting for him to continue. "I'll leave you alone."

"Why are you so interested in being friends with me?" She dropped the question. Her expression didn't change. Beomgyu kept his cool, as he answered, "You seem like a really smart person. And I like surrounding myself with people like me." He confidently answered, with a grin.

"Fine. But know this. I don't really go well with friends." She said, picking up her textbooks, as she walked away from the classroom, giving him no time to reply yet again.

But she had to say, she had a feeling that Beomgyu may not be like everyone else.

-----------------------------------------------

Timeskip: 8 Months

Maybe it was the biggest plot twist ever, that Thee Shin Ryujin, known to be cold and heartless, had opened her heart to Beomgyu. No one expected her to actually become close to anyone, but it happened.

The two of them kept a low profile, not really acting lovey, lovey, lovey-dovey, dovey, dovey. (A/N: sry hehe) But the students knew that there was definitely something going on between them.

...

"How long do I have?" The boy inquired. He examined the files that laid neatly on the table, and the small pictures stuck with them at the top.

"No limit. This man has been involved with various illegal activities, including theft and selling drugs to name a few. He's been part of the Mafia too. We need to take our time to catch him." The man replied, as the boy raised his eyebrow, seeing a picture of a girl.

"And what did she do?" He asked, curious about why an 18 year old girl was there.

"She's his daughter. She's innocent, no records have been found about her. But she may be crucial for this mission to be successful." The man replied with a gruff voice. The boy nodded, as an agreement was reached. He accepted the mission. His boss led him to another room, briefing him about the plan.