{Prim}✨ No Such Thing as Perfect

In the shattered fragments of a perfect world, one woman's dreams hold the key to her survival.
Review: "No Such Thing as Perfect"

Cover - 3/5: The cover is evocative and complements the somber and introspective tone of the story. However it has more potential.

Title - 4/5: "No Such Thing as Perfect" is an apt title that encapsulates the central theme of the story-grappling with the loss of an idealized life and the harshness of reality.

Blurb - 3/5: The blurb is straight forward and plain. Blurb is one of the major element of a story, so it definitely needs to be something given more attention to. The blurb lacks expressing the story's theme. An appropriate blurb would definitely drive the readers into the story.

Characters - 7/10: Bailey is a well-developed protagonist whose pain and resilience are palpable. Her relationships, particularly with Jake and Ryan, are complex and add layers to her character. Alex is a supportive friend, but his character could benefit from more development. Ryan is convincingly toxic, but his characterization borders on one-dimensional at times.

Plot - 8/10: The plot is emotionally charged and engaging, seamlessly weaving between Bailey's dream world and her harsh reality. The contrast between her dream encounters with Jake and her abusive relationship with Ryan is stark and compelling. The narrative builds tension effectively, leading to a poignant climax and a hopeful resolution.

Grammar & Vocabulary - 4/5: The grammar and vocabulary are generally strong, though there are a few typos and awkward phrasings that could be smoothed out. The language is expressive and helps convey the emotional weight of the story.

Enjoyment - 4/5: The story is gripping and heartfelt, making it an enjoyable read despite its heavy themes. The emotional journey of Bailey keeps the reader invested, and the glimpses of hope and love provide a satisfying balance to the darker moments.

Overall: 3.7/5
"No Such Thing as Perfect" is a touching and well-crafted story about loss, grief, and the search for solace. It effectively uses the motif of a dream world to explore the protagonist's inner life and the stark realities she faces. With a bit more character development and polishing, it has the potential to be even more impactful.

**Disclaimer:** This review reflects my personal opinion and may contain some spoilers. I don't hold any personal grudges; I'm just here to share my thoughts and offer some constructive feedback to help the writers enhance their work. Writing is a tough job, and I appreciate the effort that goes into it. Everyone has their own perspective, so I encourage you to form your own opinion. This review is for informational and entertainment purposes only. Keep up the great work, and enjoy the process of storytelling!

Reviewer : the_lonely_pi
Author : Bravesgurl