Chapter 4: Annoyed Adhiraj

Ye jo chamak si bhari hai in aankhon mein
Dil dosti ko kahe shukriya

Kaira sat in the car followed by Adhiraj who sat beside her.

"Are you fine?" He asked softly handing her a small water bottle. She grabbed it and drank a mouthful of water. He passed her a tissue which he took to wipe her mouth.

"Thank you" She thanked him, returning him the half-drunk water bottle, squeezing the tissue in her other hand. Adhiraj pulled her hand that had the tissue and delicately opened the fingers of her fist.

"I don't know why you paled while taking the pheras but if it is because you think that I'm going to force myself on you then rest assured I am many things but not a rapist" He dumped the used tissue in the side of the door and squeezed Kaira's hand assuring her of his motives.

"I..I wasn't thinking about that. This was the last thing in my mind that I could think of" Kaira looked at him shocked and shook her head.

"Ohh..." He looked at her confused.

"I was thinking about... never mind. It doesn't matter" Kaira said pulling her hand out of his grip. The rest of the ride until the palace was a silent one.

"Kaira...Kaira" Kaira who had fallen asleep on the way woke up abruptly feeling Adhiraj shake her.

"We've reached home" He stepped out as guards opened the doors on their sides. Kaira nodded and stepped out and waited for Adhiraj to come stand by her.

"After you" He motioned her to walk infront of him. Holding her heavy lehenga she stood at the doorstep of the palace where Ruhanika, Rudraansh and Adhiraj's family members were already standing there to welcome her.

"Ghanni khama banni" Adhiraj's mother Gayatri muttered, placing her head on Kaira's head. Kaira nodded her head and muttered a greeting in small voice due to tiredness. Gayatri welcomed Kaira and Adhiraj warmly and stepped aside for Kaira to enter.

"You are entering your home beta. Aaj se iss mahal ki lakshmi bhi tu aur Rani bhi. Jitni tu is ghar ki, utna yeh ghar bhi tera" (From today onwards you are the Lakshmi and the Queen of this palace. The more you accept this house, the house will also accept you similarly) Gayatri said blessing Kaira and Adhiraj who bent dow to take her blessings.

"Ji" She replied diplomatically knowing that she would be lying if she agreed to Gayatri's words especially when their relation is just for a few months. Kaira moved to Ruhanika and Rudraansh and hugged them when a young voice startled her.

"Hi Kaira" She turned around at the source of the voice.

"Yuvaan... You scared me" She said holding her hand to her chest.

"Sorry" He said looking at her apologetically.

"Yuvaan!" Adhiraj looked at him sternly and pulled Kaira beside him.

"Sorry bhaiya. Khamma ghani bhabhi sa" Yuvaan said folding his hands infront of him and bending down to touch Adhiraj and Kaira's feet. Kaira immediately moved back when Adhiraj pulled her forward and signaled Yuvaan to complete what he was doing.

"He's my friend" Kaira looked at Adhiraj angrily.

"Bless him or he isn't standing up" Adhiraj said placing his hand on Yuvaan's head who moved towards Kaira.

"Stop stop stop" Kaira stopped him from actually touching her feet and pulled him straight mid-way.

"May god showed you with all happiness. Enough?" Kaira looked up at Adhiraj glaring at him who nodded at her with a hint of smile.