SHOT 66

Third person's pov!

Jeevika walked into her brother's bedroom and found him by the pool side, as usual, with his laptop.

But for a change, he is not typing away on the laptop. He is simply sitting there and staring at the laptop screen. She could see that his mind was elsewhere. He looked completely lost.

"Bubba," Jeevika called softly..

There was no response from his side.

"Bubba," Jeevika called a little louder this time.

Still there was no response.

"Bubba," Jeevika called out more loudly and shook him and Sid startled out of his thoughts..

"Di. What happened? Are you alright?" He asked as he sat upright and looked at his sister.

"Nothing, Bubba. I just wanted to spend some time with you. It's been so long since we spent time with each other. Isn't it?" Jeevika asked and Siddharth looked at his sister guiltily.

In an effort to keep himself away from Nidhi, he had stayed away from his home too. Because she had always been around. In one way or another. Either physically or through the words of his family members.

And now that she is not here anymore, it feels weird without all the laughs and chirpiness.

Damn girl!

She is crazy herself and is making me crazy too.

"Sorry, di. I have been caught up with the new collaboration with the American company." Siddharth lied and Jeevika simply waved it off, knowing that he was lying.

Now she knows what has been keeping him away.

"I just wanted to apologise, Bubba." Jeevika said softly.

"Apologise? For what?" Siddharth asked in confusion.

"For forcing you to give Bhavna a chance. It should have been your choice. Not mine or dadi's. We shouldn't have forced you when you made it clear that you don't believe in love and marriages." Jeevika said softly.

"It's okay, di.." Sid said, shooting a smile for his sister.

"I was worried that you would end up alone. Ten years down the lane, when you look back, all you will see would be emptiness. That worried me. But I understand your worries now. If not me, who would. Maybe your wish is to live alone and I am ready to accept it." Jeevika said and Sid squirmed as he heard his sister's words.

Because when he thinks ahead of a scenario ten years later, he wasn't seeing himself alone. He was seeing Parinidhi beside him, arguing and fighting with him, challenging him every step of the way. He shook his head to dispel that sudden thought.

"I also apologise for bringing Nidhi into our life. I didn't realise Nidhi was such a bother for you. I always took it lightly. I even found your fights sometimes funny. I never realised how much you hate her presence," Jeevika said, pasting an apologetic smile on her face. She threw a sideways glance at him and held in a chuckle that threatened to break out seeing the look on his face.

Siddharth squirmed in his chair. He couldn't remember exactly what he had blurted out downstairs to his family. He had been too angry and frustrated. He had screamed whatever came to his mind and now he couldn't recall what all he had said.

"That's alright, di." Siddharth said awkwardly, not knowing what else to say.

"Oh by the way, I found some things in your cupboard while arranging the clothes." Jeevika said as casually as possible.