Proposal

Why is there so little Zestmilla content? Why are we failing these rocking soulmates! SHIPPERS WHERE ARE YOU!
(See the end of the chapter for more notes.)

Chapter Text
This is the day. Today is the day that old zestial is going to ask his girlfriend Carmilla to marry him.

He has it all planned out. He's got the ring, and... well, that's it, really. He hasn't thought much past that. But he knows that today is the day, and why should he wait? It's perfect timing. They have the weekends off from their business so if he proposes today they'll have a beautiful, romantic weekend ahead of them as newly engaged people in hell! So damn it! he has to do it today.

Who needs a plan, anyway? He's an overlord and he's is highly skilled at being adaptable with an army of spiders. He'll find the perfect opportunity.

*flapping and crashing noises*

Zestial yelped as he felt little 5 year old toddler angel flapping past him covered in soap, dripping water everywhere and Clara and odette catching up and snatching up their baby sister, almost tripping him in his stumbling walk.

"You're getting engaged to our mom!" They both exclaimed noticing the black box in his hand, leaping across the living room to hug their soon to be stepdad.

"It's about time!" Odette pointed out, bumping her forehead to zestiel in a gentle touch of affection. "You've been saying that our mom is your soulmate."

Zestial sputtered and felt his face flush as Clara playfully punched him on the shoulder. "I didn't say that."

Vaggie laughed and looked over to Clara. "Did he say that?"

"Uh-huh." She replied with a nod, throwing her soon to be stepdad completely under the bus. "He says stuff like that a lot, like that he really, really loves her."

"Oh, he did, huh?" Vaggie asked with a wider smile.

Zestiel tried to hide his blushing expression.

"It's okay, Papa zesty! Mommy says stuff like that about you too!" Vaggie replied, fluttering over to wrap her arms around her mom's boyfriend's neck.

"You're damn right I do, I love the hell out all of you kids." Zestial declared proudly, earning laughter from the children.

__________________

Hours later

zestial has finally figured out the perfect setting for his proposal. He can't believe he never thought of it before, but it comes to him as they walk past the park on their way to lunch. The rose garden in her backyard.

How had he thought he could propose anywhere else? It's the obvious choice! Not only is it romantic by default, but it's where zestial realized he wanted to be with Carmilla. It's part of the reason he chose the ring that he did: a wide golden band with roses engraved all around it.

_______

Less than a minute later.

Zestial had convinced the sisters to watch little Vaggie so he could take Carmilla on a date.

" Odette, Clara my little spiders wouldst thou watch little Vaggie while take thine mother for a date night?"

Everything had been set up perfectly, from their private corner in favorite restaurant in the pride ring, to a romantic walk with phenomenal views...and mostly sinners setting themselves on fire when they walked by.

once they got home , they were chilling on the couch watching a romantic Spanish movie.

Carmilla tilting her head back and smiling. "Fuck, if I didn't know any better, I'd think you were planning on proposing to me today."

Zestial felt his face flush in embarrassment and he lowered his head to hide it. "I was considering it."

"Wait a minute! my kids haven't snuck up on me all day, you're totally planning on proposing to me!" Carmilla laughed, surprising zestiel.

He must have looked super bewildered because he laughed harder and shook his head. "Look under my top hot."

Carmilla nodded and reached over, avoiding his gaze as she searched through it. When she found a small black box with a small pair of black spiders guarding it , her eyes widened and she looked back over to her boyfriend. "You're kidding."

"I'm not kidding. I was seriously going to propose to you tomorrow at sunrise." Zestial replied, smiling wider as he took her hands. "I'm sure I already know the answer, but I want to hear it. Carmilla carmine, will you marry me?"

Carmilla smiled and squeezed zestial's hands as she leaned forwards until their noses brushed against each other. "I will." She whispered before closing the space between them and kissing him softly.

Notes:

Hi guys I know this isn't a request but I'm back with an amazing new chapter and sorry for the delay it's been a busy week for me and hopefully I'll do more soon and don't forget keep your requests coming.

if Carmilla and Zestiel don't smooch at least once in canon, by god I'm going to do it myself....oh wait I just did lol

Please tell me I'm not the only one who thought he had step dad vibes for Carmilla's daughters?