You're Gonna Change the Future Kid

The D.W.O. had gone charging from McGonagall's classroom the moment she'd dismissed them. Declan stayed behind to help Professor McGonagall round up the flamingos and return them to the crate she'd brought them into the room in. When they'd got the last of them put away, McGonagall waved her wand and disappeared them. "Thank you for your help, Mr. Alectric," she said, smiling as she set a broom to sweeping up the scattered pink feathers that lay about the floor.

"No worries," Declan answered.

She watched the broom's progress for a moment, then turned and studied Declan a moment. "Is something the matter, Mr. Alectric?" she asked.

Declan shook his head.

"Are you sure?" she pressed.

Declan nodded, "Quite sure."

McGonagall stared down her nose at him - she could tell there really was something the matter and he knew she could, but she didn't press him further, other than to say, "Should you ever need - Professor Flitwick or I are always happy to assist you with whatever you may need."

"Thanks," he answered. "See you later." He ducked out of the room. He'd been thinking of asking her some questions, but thought better of it, and trudged up the stairs through the castle to Ravenclaw tower.

The eagle door knocker roused when Declan approached and cleared his throat. "I have cities but no houses. I have mountains but no trees. I have water but no fish. What am I?"

Declan, who had already worked out the answers to the entire week's worth of riddles, replied back lazily, "A map."

The eagle looked surprised, "So quick!" he murmured, and the door swung open.

Declan waved hello to a couple other Ravenclaws that were studying in the common room. They waved back, but only half heartedly - even in his own house, Declan was a bit of a mystery. He went up the rotunda to his dormitory door. It was locked - his room mate had a class during the time that Declan had free and he was thankful for it - he had a lot to think about. He was, after all, still terribly confused by everything that had been discussed between him and the D.W.O.

He really hadn't been the one to bump into James Potter.

But when he stepped into his room and turned on the light - he had quite the fright.

For there, sitting on the edge of the bed was --

Himself.

EARLIER THAT DAY....

OR FORTY-FIVE YEARS LATER....

WHICH EVER WAY YOU'D PREFER TO THINK OF IT...

Declan Alectric stood in the toilet on the second floor in Hogwarts, staring into the mirror, concentrating quite hard on the transfromation he was making to himself. He had to look right or one of the D.W.O. would certainly notice - and it certainly wasn't easy to get rid of five-o'clock shadow, even for a metamorphmagus. Going from mid-thirties to a young-looking seventeen year old who easily passed for fifteen-nearly-sixteen was... not easy. But he had to do it.

"What do you think? Does it pass?" Declan asked, turning around.

Hannah, was still in awe of being at Hogwarts at all, nodded, "Yeah. I mean, you look like the picture." She looked down at the year book in her hands, then back up at Declan. "That is so frickin' cool you can do that. I mean, I'd KILL to be able to change my looks. First thing to go would be my stupid front teeth."