12

Omniscient POV:
That same night...

Anniyah Smith, otherwise known as Trixie, pushed open the gate to her boyfriend's yard.

It was late and he had no idea she was even coming, but she needed a break from everything and this was the way she saw fit.

She walked to his front door and released a sigh.

"Girl we can mek it back home before Capo dem realize seh we did gone enuh" Her subconscious reasoned.

Dem supposed to realize seh we gone already.

So? Yah guh really mek dem ketch we a man yard, knowing dem shameful an nuh partial nuh body?

She tuned out the logical reasoning and proceeded to knock on the front door.

"A who dat?" A female voice loudly asked.

Anniyah didn't respond, she only continued to knock.

The front door flew open forcefully and revealed a short dark skinned woman.

"Mussi him mother" She thought.

"Goodnight Miss Brown. I am-" But she was cut off by the woman.

" Ethan! Likkle bwoy mi nay tell yuh seh fi stop mek yuh ooman dem come a mi yard a night time!?" She shouted.

Ooman dem? Den diss serious. What a piece a calamity.

The neighboring house's lights immediately switched on, highlighting the fact that they were now listening in on their business.

"Unu gyal pickney nahve nuh shame neither. Come a man yard a night time fi wah? Dem cheesy front? But kuh pon unu to." The woman continued.

See how mi tell yuh seh mek we gah we yard? But noooooo.

"Mommy weh yah mek up suh much noise fah?"

Anniyah perked up at the sound of her boyfriend's voice.

"Ethan!" She called out to him from the door.

When his gaze connected with hers he paused. He was definitely not expecting her.

Anniyah expected him to reason with his mother and save her from the embarrassment but expectations and reality a two different things.

"A who you?" He asked in a rather aggressive tone.

"What you mean? Ethan a me Anniyah, your girlfriend." Trixie replied.

Ethan made a scornful expression.

"Which girlfriend?" He asked.

Anniyah stood there shocked.

Likkle girl! Yuh nuh hear mi seh come mek we gah we yard.

"Ethan gwan to yuh ooman an mek she hurry up an come from infront a mi door." His mother said.

"Which ooman mummy? Mi nah nuh ooman."

Tears welled in Anniyah's eyes as she stood at the door.

See how much time yuh mek we get shame? Gah yuh fucking yard!

The wind blew and carried the laughter from the neighbor's house to Anniyah's ears.

If she coulda shame one more time.

Ethan and his mother continued to bicker with occasional taunts directed to Anniyah.

By this time Capo had pulled up to the gate.

He put the black Lexus in park and jumped out of the vehicle.

He walked into the yard and made note of the eavesdropping neighbor and the mother and son who stood taunting his little sister.

When he was directly behind her he put his hand on her shoulder.

This caused Trixie to jump in fright. Swiftly, she turned around to see who had touched her but sighed with relief when she noticed it was Qu'wayne and not Azriel.

"Seet deh mummy, har man come fi har." Ethan said.

His mother looked at Capo and Trixie with distaste.

"See unu likkle gyal pickney? Unu nahve nuh ambition."

Capo stared at his sister who had now began crying.

Weh she a bawl fah? Nuh she find har way a man yard? His subconscious interjected.

Ethan's mother hurled another insult in their direction and immediately Capo got irritated.

'If mi tell har bout har nah bade son now yuh hear seh mi wicked.' He thought.

"Lady, yuh nahve a man? Cause yuh could a neva ave a man An out here a try diss one likkle pickney. " Capo asked.

The mother stared at Capo in shock.

With no concern for her nor her son, he turned towards Trixie and carried her towards the vehicle.

He opened the passenger door and ensured she was situated in the seat.

He closed the door and went over to the driver's side.

Though he was upset, Capo refrained from lashing out at Anniyah and worked on getting her home safely.

•••

Azriel's POV:

After the phone call my mood turned sour. Nivea had noticed and instead of having us spend the time eating and talking, she asked me to take her home.

She refrained from pushing the issue and when I arrived at her house, she placed a kiss on my cheek then exited the vehicle.
I waited until she and Zion had made it safely inside before I sped off in the direction of Nicky's house.

I had told her I would be taking Kash out then dropping him off later in the night.

I could've just kept him with me but weekends were the only times his mother got to see him and bad to bad mi wah dem ave a likkle bond.

Besides mi nuh want him hear mi a cuss off him aunty.

Like she drop pon har head an lick out har rass senses.

I pulled up to Nicky's yard gate and parked.

I texted her to let her know I was outside then I turned to face Kashane.

"Monday evening yuh see mi yer Kash?" I said.

"Monday?" He asked for the reasoning behind my statement.

"Yes. I'm going to let your mom carry you to school since she didn't get to spend today with you." I explained.

He nodded his head then unbuckled his seatbelt. He removed his food from his lap and stood to hug me.

I embraced him as best as I could from my position then bid him farewell when him mother came to the car door to collect him.

I gave her a head nod then sped off in the direction if my house.

Time fi deal wid dah Trixie case yah.

A/n: Short chapter.
Wah unu think a gwan wid Trixie?