╰┈➤ 𝟟

✮˚. ᵎᵎ 𖦹彡⋆。˚

tw: violence, foul language

"Ew. What are you wearing?" Leia asked, I collected myself and noticed she was wearing a very tight black body suit. Cat whiskers were drawn on her face as well as a little nose. She had ears and a tail and pretty black boots.

"I'm Merlin." I growled, she raised an eyebrow.

"You look like an old man." She retorted. I scoffed at her,

"Isn't that kind of the point?" I shot back, fighting the tears that were coming down. She paused her banter,

"I didn't think you would break already Wilson. Must not be your night."

I shook my head, "It is most certainly not my night."

She laughed at me.

"You know I don't really appreciate how rude you've been to me." I snapped, "You have no idea how hard it is to know you're slowly turning into a beast!"

She stood in silence, I kept going.

"You have no right to speak to me that way. Academic rival is one thing but being a straight up bully is taking it too far! I'm sick of your shit!" I screamed at her, picking up a piece of her own candy in her bucket and threw it at her. I picked up more and began throwing them at her, one by one, making sure they sting.

"Hey! Ruth!" I heard Rio raising his voice and felt his arms pulling me back, all I heard was ringing in my ears as I kept screaming things at Leia. How she made me feel over the years, how a person should never do that to another, why I hated her so much.

She just stood there and watched, Rio dragged me away,

"She may have the maledictus, but at least she has a heart. That's more than what can be said for you." He spat, holding me back and walking away.

Before I knew it we were in the Hufflepuff common room.

I told him everything that happened that night. The kiss, my brother, Aries, Leia, my disease.

He soothed me and held me in his arms, repeating to me that everything was going to be okay. He told me he would do anything to keep me safe and happy. He hated seeing me cry.

He made me chamomile tea and sat with me as I poured my heart out. I felt like a complete mess. He offered to walk me back to my common room since it was really late. I agreed and changed out of my costume and into his quidditch hoodie.

Rio held the common room door open for me when I heard my twin yell "Wait up!"

He was staggering into the doorway, still in his Batman costume. Rio straightened his height and punched Reece in the face, knocking him down to the floor.

"What the hell was that for!?" He yelled, blood running down his nose.

"For hurting my girl." He muttered, kissing my head softly and heading down the hallway. I helped Reece up,

"C'mon let's get you to bed." I sighed, pulling him up the boys' staircase. I didn't tell him anything that happened, but I waited while he threw up in the bathroom for a long time.

"Remind me to only do shots of fire whiskey and not drink half the bottle." He slurred, I nodded and turned on the shower for him.

"Okay. Get in the shower, you know the drill."

I've been helping Reece for years now, ever since I found him black out wasted in his room at home one night with puke all over him. It was horrifying, and I had never dealt with a drunk person like that before. I did my best to clean him up and helped him get into bed, I've never told anyone besides him.

When he got out of the shower I helped him to his bed, pulling the blanket over him.

"Reece?" I whispered, he groaned in response.

"Did you like kissing Aries?"

He groaned again and I couldn't make out a yes or a no, so I took it as a 'I don't understand the question'.

I felt a sharp pain in my back and I fell to the floor, my gut telling me the disease was getting worse. I hadn't felt big pains like this before, only small, unimportant ones.

I waited the pain out until it was over, crawling up from his floor and making my way downstairs again. Remus was sitting down in one of the chairs, he looked sober.

"Hey Remus." I said glumly, ashamed of how I must have seemed to the boys. He looked up at nodded,

"Are you okay? We didn't hear what you were saying, but we heard you yelling."

I looked down at my feet, "I'm okay, just really tired."

He nodded in understanding, the great part about Remus was, he almost always knew exactly how you were feeling. I sat next to him and felt his arm go around me,

"Tonight was definitely something," He chuckled, "but it could've been worse right?"

I smiled, "I suppose. I ran into Leia though."

Remus looked at me, "Oh well then if you ran into her, it must've been bad!" He joked. I punched him in the shoulder,

"It was bad! I threw candy at her!"

That made him laugh even more.

"Ruth, you would never survive a boxing match."

I shook my head in joking disbelief as I leaned my head on him. We sat in silence for a little bit before I excused myself for bed. When I climbed into my warm sheets and blankets, I summoned my book with my wand and cast a silencing spell around my bed.

Lighting up the top of my wand by muttering a single word, I began to be whisked away into big blowout parties, romance, and a green light at the end of a dock.

I hope Christmas will be better.

✮˚. ᵎᵎ 𖦹彡⋆。˚
𝕎𝕚𝕟𝕥𝕖𝕣 𝕔𝕙𝕒𝕡𝕥𝕖𝕣𝕤 𝕔𝕠𝕞𝕚𝕟𝕘 𝕤𝕠𝕠𝕟
__________________________