╰┈➤ 𝟝

✮˚. ᵎᵎ 𖦹彡⋆。˚

The soft leaves crunched beneath me as Elise and I trecked into the forest.

"Are you going to the party tonight?" I asked her, breaking the silence. Typically, we would have more things to talk about, but ever since the word got out that I had the disease, we haven't really spoke.

"I'm not sure yet." She stated, focusing her eyes on her feet in front of her. I nodded, Elise had a very small circle of friends so it's understandable if she didn't feel up to it.

"I haven't seen Reece at all since we got here, is he okay?"

Elise shot me a glare, I retaliated. "What? I truly haven't seen him since the feast."

"Are you kidding? He hasn't eaten since the feast or gone out. He actually hasn't done much of anything at all. I've been trying to get him to at least go to potions, but there's something definitely wrong."

She looked at me, her eyes worried,

"Sorry- I just thought you would've noticed sooner."

I shook my head, my heart sinking. I really haven't noticed that he wasn't there.

I picked up my head and noticed the Thestrals in their normal spot, right next to this big pine tree. I mean, it was massive. Beautiful even.

Elise grabbed a couple small chunks of raw steak from her bag, tossing them right in front of the beasts. They accepted it gratefully and Elise took a few steps forward, reaching out to touch them.

A chill went down my spine as I checked my watch, it was ten past five. Dinner would be soon and then there was the party...

"Elise we should get going. Dinner is soon, I'll try to find Reece."

She turned her attention away from the thestral to me.

"You should start by looking at the pitch. It is Friday after all."

She's right. The pitch is one of his "secret" spots. I guess everything that has happened clouded my knowledge of my twin. Elise motioned for me to go ahead, so I quickly grabbed my bag and jogged out of the forest.

To my surprise, he actually was at the pitch. I could see James and Sirius flying about practicing quidditch drills, Reece was smoking on the benches.

"Reece. Elise told me what's been going on." I tried not to sound too firm, that would probably just upset him more.

"Ruthie relax. My grades are fine."

I scoffed at him, "I don't care about your grades. What about you?" I snapped back. This seemed to rile him up.

The thing with Reece is, he's always had a rebellious phase since we were young teenagers. He loved parties and doing utterly stupid things with his friends, especially James and Sirius. When bad news arose in our family, he'd shut us out and party hard. It's how he's been for years now, there's no really getting to him.

"Please leave me alone Ruth. I promise I won't do anything batshit crazy okay? Is that what you wanted to hear?" He said, cradling his forehead with his hands.

"It's not what I wanted to hear, but it's a start. I love you." I sighed, my hand traveling to his shoulder. He nodded, said he loved me back, and that was that.

About an hour later, dinner was served and so was the after party. Sirius made sure that all of the staff had turned in for the night before allowing members from other houses in.

The music was already playing, Remus was the actual smart one and casted a silencing spell on the room. Thanks to the incident of '74, they made sure to never make that mistake again.

Rio was already drunk by the time I got to him, apparently he was 'pregaming' with Sirius, a term they made up completely on their own.

"Hey baby, you want a drink?" He asked me, grasping at my waist and pulling me in closer. I forced a chuckle.

"No thanks." I quickly scan the room, spotting an already uncomfortable Remus. Pushing through the crowd, I made my way beside him.

"Hiya Remus, what a party." He only nodded in response, his eyes kept darting to the left, near the corner. Charlotte and Aries were both in the corner, I chuckled,

"Remus don't tell me you have a crush..." I laughed, "Aries isn't your type."

He chuckled nervously, "Oh no Wilson, no crush here."

Charlotte and Aries looked as if they were searching for someone, finally when Charlotte pointed to the boys' staircase Aries made a beeline towards it. I saw her help my already black-out drunk brother stagger up the stairs.

"Always a pleasure Remus." I muttered, his eyes still gazed in the corner where Charlotte remained. I walked over towards her,

"Did I just see Aries walk upstairs with my brother?" Charlotte looked at me, her eyes grew wide.

"She just- she just wanted to make sure he was okay."

I furrowed my brow.

"Since when are they friends?" I pushed, "I feel like she's been spending an awful lot of time with you."

Charlotte sighed, "Ruth you know I'm not trying to replace you or anything right?"

I looked down at my shoes and nodded, "I'm sorry I haven't been a good friend recently, it's just with everything that's happened- I didn't mean to snap at you."

Lottie enveloped me into a hug and suddenly, the whole world went silent. There was no more loud music, my boyfriend wasn't drunk out of his mind, my brother wasn't upstairs with some girl I barely knew. Everything was quiet, I was comforted by my best friend.

She pulled away and picked up a bottle of fire whiskey next to her, I gasped at her rebelliousness.

"Lottie! You scoundrel! You absolute scoundrel!" I laughed, she grinned widely.

"I suppose a little wouldn't hurt right? Considering what we've been through this week. Professor Binns is terrible!"

I grabbed the bottle and lead her into the crowd, pulling the bottle up to my lips and took a big swig.

"Let's party!"

Little did I know that would turn into the worst hangover of my life.

✮˚. ᵎᵎ 𖦹彡⋆。˚
ℂ𝕙𝕒𝕡𝕥𝕖𝕣 𝟞 𝕔𝕠𝕞𝕚𝕟𝕘 𝕤𝕠𝕠𝕟
(𝕤𝕖𝕒𝕤𝕠𝕟 𝕗𝕚𝕟𝕒𝕝𝕖)
__________________________