╰┈➤ 𝟙

✮˚. ᵎᵎ 𖦹彡⋆。˚

I've always liked the smell of the Hogwarts Express. It's like a combination of cinnamon, candy, and smoke. I find it comforting.

After getting me registered as a future maledictus, my parents and I went book shopping. Reece had already went a couple days before with his best friend Elise. I remembered how at the end of last term the two of them along with James and Sirius went camping in the Forbidden Forest for fun. Elise was adventurous like that, always up to do something mischievous.

I, on the other hand, preferred to stay safe in the common room. How I miss my self proclaimed desk where I would work on my novel. The warm fireplace, no people around, my blanket wrapped around my shoulders, and the empty pages waiting to be filled.

I've been writing since I was little, whether it was short stories about hippogriffs or stories about adventures Reece and I would have. I wrote everywhere, and all the time. I've decided to write my story to preserve my thoughts and memories before I turned into a beast forever. Pretty dark isn't it?

I had already boarded the train and was heading to our usual compartment when I saw a glimpse of shiny blonde hair.

"Oh my gosh Lottie!" I exclaimed, Charlotte turned towards me, grinning ear to ear. She stood up and immediately took me in her arms, I had to admit I was relieved to see her.

"Rue! Are you okay!? I got your letter." She said, pulling away and steadying her hands on my shoulders. I nodded,

"Yes I'm fine. I don't really want to talk about it." I admitted sheepishly, "How was your summer?"

Charlotte proceed to tell me how her summer went while I lead her to our usual compartment, which was already occupied by Remus Lupin.

"Hiya Remus." I said, sitting down across from him. Charlotte followed me but only stared at the floor, Remus smiled in return but looked down as soon as he saw Charlotte. I don't know what their deal is, they don't ever really speak to each other.

I would feel ten times more uncomfortable if I broke the awkward silence, but thankfully I didn't have to. Sirius and James had entered shortly after us.

"Ruthie-poothie, where is your lovely brother?" Sirius asked, sitting down beside Charlotte, I noticed she seemed less tense when he had sat down. I shrugged at Sirius,

"I don't know, why?" I asked, normally Reece heads to the back of the train. Our compartment is in the back end of the train, however Reece likes to sit in the very last one. Sometimes he would join us though.

"We were just wondering, but if he's in the back he's probably brooding." Sirius laughed, followed by James. "Peter's with a girl, he met her on the train station. I wonder how long it'll be before he strikes out again." He joked, I shook my head.

"James, you haven't even spoken about Lily yet. What's the deal?" I teased, poking James' knee, he had sat beside Remus, who was now looking out the window.

"Oh ha-ha very funny Ms. Wilson. Evans is in a compartment with McKinnon, MacDonald, and Harbour." He stated proudly, as if being a stalker deserved an award.

"I'm starvinggggg" Sirius complained. "James and I couldn't find the damn trolley witch anywhere!"

"Hey, don't talk about the trolley witch like that!" I scolded, huffing as I grabbed Lottie's arm. "Cmon Lottie we'll go find her." I said as I pulled her out into the hallway.

"Let's check the front first." Lottie said quietly as she slowly pushed past people, muttering 'excuse me' every time she hit someone. I felt both ends of my lips curl upward, she truly was a Hufflepuff.

Lottie grunted as she stepped back suddenly, it had appeared Aries Harbour had bumped into her, her face looking relieved and shocked.

"O.M.G Char! I need your help!" She exclaimed, pulling Charlotte to the side. I followed and stepped behind her.

"Is something wrong?" I heard Charlotte say, in her serious tone, but Aries had shook her head.

"No! I embarrassed myself in front of...him." She sighed, her hands covering her face. Charlotte smiled sweetly and patted her shoulder,

"Oh now come on, I'm sure it wasn't that bad. What happened?"

"I was walking out of the loo and I saw him, so my face was already beat red. And- and then, I went to wave hi...but there was toilet paper stuck to my sleeve!" She cried, burying her face in Charlotte's shoulder. "I've never been so embarrassed!"

"Oh honey, I'm sure he didn't think anything weird of it." She assured the brunette. "Is there anything I can do to help?"

Aries shook her head and pulled away, "Not at the moment." She sighed deeply, Charlotte reassured her they could talk about it in more detail after the welcome feast and that seemed to brighten Aries' mood.

Watching Aries walk away to make sure she was out of earshot, I said to Lottie, "What was that all about? Some sort of crush?"

Lottie nodded, "Yeah just boy stuff." She confirmed, I asked her who the boy was, maybe there was a way I could help but she had shut me down by saying she had found the trolley witch.

After loading up on junk food and snacks, Lottie and I returned with both our pockets and hands full. The three boys grinned, admiring the spread as both of us laid it down on the floor.

"You girls are the best!" Sirius explained, Remus chuckled,

"Yeah he was starting to get really hangry."

Charlotte chuckled softly at Remus' joke as she took her place next between Sirius and me. I felt bad for what I was about to say next, but the boys would be more upset if they didn't know straight away.

"Guys, I tested positive for the maledictus disease..." I said loudly, making sure I wouldn't have to repeat myself. The compartment went silent, and Sirius had dropped his pumpkin pasty on the floor, all of their mouths ajar and they were staring at me.

"You have what!?" James exclaimed, blinking hard in disbelief. I swallowed, this was going to be difficult.

✮˚. ᵎᵎ 𖦹彡⋆。˚
ℂ𝕙𝕒𝕡𝕥𝕖𝕣 𝟚 𝕔𝕠𝕞𝕚𝕟𝕘 𝕤𝕠𝕠𝕟
__________________________