.8- Indifference

"Come on Bhabhi you can do it", prerna and Nischay cheered Manisha.

"Tum dono nay apne bhai ko chorh kr party badal di. Don't worry Abhishek I'm by your side", said vardaan (Abhishek's cousin).

"keep supporting him vardaan, doobtay ko tinke ka sahara", Nischay laughed.

"It's not like that, I'm sure Abhishek bhai will find the ring first", this time meher (their other cousin) came in for the defense.

"Got it", Manisha announced with a tight-lipped smile and showed the ring she had found.

But in reality, Manisha was the only one who was finding it. She had already realized that his hand was not moving in the solution, not even a single move. She just played along to not embarrass herself and make the situation more awkward. Prerna and Nischay were very well aware of the situation as well that's why they were trying to make her comfortable.

Nischay took a rose from the vase, sat down on his knees, forwarded his hand in front of Manisha, and said with a cheeky smile, "Hey beautiful! Will you be my sister?"

"Huh, attention seeker. Vai she does not need you she already has me", prerna rolled her eyes.

"No way, you can not be her brother. I am the one who wanted a good and beautiful sister", Nischay replied, seething in anger.

"Okay thanks for reminding me my sweet vai I do have a sister, you were the one we always considered as a sister, did you forget? let me remind you those frocks and clips mom used to dress you up with", prerna winked.

Nischay's face turned red from embarrassment and he whined,"stop lying in front of everyone".

"You know who is lying, stop throwing fits like a kid", prerna replied with a chuckle.

"I'm not a kid, you are a liar prerna", Nischay huffed making everyone burst into a fit of laughter.

Manisha looked at them with an amused smile, her eyes sparkled with gratitude, and nodded her head positively to nischay after taking the rose.

"Come on, bring the mirror now", Abhishek's chachi said. His Mom placed the mirror at the table and urged them to look at it.

(Just add this one because it's one of my favorites from our type of wedding.)

"Both of you are behaving like kids let me handle you guys now", meher said when none of them looked in the mirror.

She came forward held their faces in her hands and forced them to look at each other's reflections.

Manisha felt a cold shiver ran down her spine the moment she held his gaze. There was an unknown spark in his eyes which terrified her even more. After few seconds he took a deep sigh and looked away.

Both of them were still surrounded by the relatives when his mom came towards them carrying Afsa, she moved to Manisha's direction and said while handing afsa to her "your daughter".

Manisha's face lit up with joy, she moved forward to take Afsa. But before she could take her Abhishek stood up from his place, hurriedly. He took afsa from his mother and said " Mom afsa will be tired, I'll take her to the room now".

Before anyone could say anything he had already left the place. Everyone looked towards Manisha and dimple (his mom).

After some time his mother took Manisha to Abhishek's room. Manisha sighed in relief upon finding the room empty. Aunty made her sit on the bed comfortably, took Manisha's hand in her hand, and said, "Beta I'm sorry for Abhishek's behavior. The trauma he has been suffering through for few months had broken him. I can assure you he is a good man just give him some time dear".