𝟎𝟎𝟎. 𝐚 𝐬𝐞𝐫𝐢𝐞𝐬 𝐨𝐟 𝐮𝐧𝐟𝐨𝐫𝐭𝐮𝐧𝐚𝐭𝐞 𝐞𝐯𝐞𝐧𝐭𝐬

A SERIES OF UNFORTUNATE EVENTS
▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃

⋆𐙚₊˚⊹ prologue, pre Supernatural

▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃

𝐉𝐚𝐧𝐮𝐚𝐫𝐲 𝟏𝟕𝐭𝐡, 𝟏𝟗𝟖𝟗
―୨୧⋆ ˚ THIRD POV

   𝐓𝐇𝐄 𝐘𝐄𝐀𝐑 𝟏𝟗𝟖𝟗 𝐁𝐑𝐎𝐔𝐆𝐇𝐓 𝐀𝐁𝐎𝐔𝐓 𝐂𝐇𝐀𝐍𝐆𝐄 𝐅𝐎𝐑 𝐓𝐇𝐄 𝐖𝐈𝐍𝐂𝐇𝐄𝐒𝐓𝐄𝐑𝐒, but honestly, their lives changed for the better.

   Sam and Dean were watching cartoons while their dad was on another hunting trip, one that they knew very little about. Dad had called earlier - he always did - but he didn't give them many details on what he was hunting. Sam was worried and concerned about Dad's whereabouts, but Dean knows Dad will be fine, he's always fine.

   Sam was flicking through old cassette tapes that belonged to his dad, and Dean was focusing on the cartoon on the screen that he had seen a million times in the past.

   Sam groaned, and he threw one of the tapes onto Dean's lap followed by another and another and another. "These are all the same."

   Dean stared down at the collection of tapes in his lap, finding there to be four tapes regarding Led Zeppelin. "No they're not." Dean picks up one, turning it towards Sam. "This is Led Zeppelin - the first album, then this is the second, third and fourth album." He picked up the correlating tapes, threw them back into the box, and glared at Sam.

   "They all have the same name," Sam replied, utterly confused. "Their music isn't even that good."

   Dean plucked another tape from the box. "Okay, Bob Marley," Dean scoffed, and Sam lunged forward to snatch it from him. "Seriously, when did you buy this?"

   "When you weren't looking," he sniped, and Dean rolled his eyes, turning his head back to the TV screen.

   They're watching their usual cartoons again, but after a while, it can get boring. Dad isn't there, but he never is, and all they want is for him to come back home so they can sit and spend time together for the night. However, Dad will probably only want to drink when he gets back, leaving the boys to clean up his mess again. Dean will put Sam to bed, and then he will deal with Dad and his drunken state.

   A knock at the door was heard by both of them, and they turned their heads towards the door, confused as to who could be knocking right now.  It's late, and the only person they're expecting is Dad, but he wouldn't knock.