Chapter 14

After my shower Gabe came up and started to wash my hair. I relaxed almost instantly when he started to run his fingers throughout my hair. The sweet smell of citrus filled the air, and the silence was comfortable.

I started to nod off, sleep filled my eyes, and it was hard to keep my eyes open. I eventually closed my eyes and let the relaxed feeling fill me.

''Trouble! Keep your eyes open.'' Gabe spoke with a chuckle.

''Shut it Meanie''

''Meanie?''

''Yup, if you're going to call me Trouble, I'm going to call you something back.''

''Well then Trouble, you're going to have to keep your eye open then.''

I kept my eyes open until the washing process was over but the moment, he started to wash my hair. My eyes dropped. I was putty in his hands, the way his hands ran through my hair.

After a while, I felt someone pick me up and put me down on something soft. A coffee smell drifted towards me, and I instantly knew that Marc was nearby.

''Wow she just crashed out on you''

''Yeah. I guess she tired. Granted it's later in the morning almost noon but maybe she didn't have a goodnights sleep.''

''Yeah, when North told us about her nightmare. I was wondering if she has them often.''

''I wonder if Trouble had one last night.''

'Hmmm, maybe. Let's let her sleep and ask later.''

Hearing their conversation made me a little nervous. I didn't want them to know about the she-devil.

_____________________________________________________

Sang rubbed her eyes and walked down the stairs. She could hear clicking and clacking. Light filtered through the window casting a warm glow on the scene before her. The living room had transformed into a makeshift tech hub overnight. Cables snaked across the floor like vines in a digital jungle, leading to where the boys were huddled around their computers, their fingers dancing over the keyboards with a sense of urgency.

She stepped closer, her curiosity piqued by the array of screens that flickered with lines of code and complex diagrams. "What are you guys up to?" she asked, her voice still heavy with sleep.

''Were getting started on the mission. We've been trying to find any information on Volto, but nothing has come up. We need to figure out how he knew we were in Lithuania and how he got 14 men from Lithuania to Ireland. '' Corey spoke without even looking up.

Corey, Victor, Marc, and Kota eyes were glued to their screens. Typing away, I understood most of it but I didn't have the energy to sit and look over the information. I walked out of the room and into the kitchen. I could see Raven and Nathan out in the backyard sparring. I grabbed a quick banana and moved towards the garage. Brandon and North were working on the cars.

''What are you guys doing?''

A bang was heard as both boys rolled out from underneath the SUVs. I let out a laugh, seeing them rub their foreheads.

''Hey Baby, were working on the cars. Adding special touches.''

I looked at him with a duhh expression and from Brandon's laughter he saw it.

''Sunshine were adding Tints and bullet proof windows. We are checking out the cars, looking at the engine and underneath the car for anything.''

''Yean, we also put tracking devices on the bottom of the cars. That's what we were just doing before you scared the living crap out of us.''

''Cool.'' Nodding my head, I looked at them as they turned away from me. Both of them dressed in dirty overalls but they were looking too good. I could just eat them up, wait? What? I thought.

I need to get away. I can't be thinking like that. ''Bye guys, I'm going to see what the rest of the boys are doing.''

Leaving the garage in a hurry, I walked downstairs in the basement. Sean and Owen were working together in silence. Sean was setting up a medical station, while Owen was setting up a cork board. Information about their previous mission and Volvo was strung along the board.

Owen turned to Sang, his expression a mix of focus and concern. "Yes, I've made some progress," he said, pointing to a section of the information board that was covered in photos, maps, and notes connected by a web of red string. "We were working on a high string of murders and stealing all across Europe. Before encountering Volto in Lithuania. We started in the UK and Paris. We tracked the patterns in the murders and stolen items. They were found in a black market in Lithuania. That's why we were there. Everything pointed to the Lithuanian College. We set up camp as new professors and Marc set up a coffee shop. A few of us enrolled into the college to blend in. We were so close to figuring out who it was. Then Volto sent his men to collect us and we fought hard but ultimately, they got us with sleeping darts. We had no clue Volvo was involved with the Murders and Stolen Items. Well, not until he told us. He told us his whole plan.''

Sean interrupted ''Yeah, he was using the college as his buying and selling points. He bribed the directors of the college to set up and illegal black market and was trading it through the college. Initially we thought it was all the colleges doing but after Volvo explained it. It made sense only someone with powerful influential resources could be doing something like this.''

Sang leaned in, studying the board. "So, we're dealing with Volto and the Lithuania College directors." she mused. "That explains the advanced security at the college. When I first got to the college the amount of security they had never made sense. I was confused on why a college would be that danger. Over a hundred security was around at all times.''

''Now knowing that Volto is involved. I've identified his last known patterns in certain locations. If we can predict the next target. We might be able to catch him in the act.''

"Exactly," Owen confirmed. "And I think I've identified a pattern in the locations they've hit. If we can predict the next target, we might be able to catch them in the act."

The room fell silent as the gravity of the situation settled in.

''Well looks like we got our work cut out for us. Don't we.'' I looked at Owen and Sean. Sean had a small smile and Owen just stared straight at me, but his eyes told me everything.

''Yes, Darling I think we do.''

________________________________________________________________________________