Chapter - 62

Jithu

I awoke when the door was opened. It was five in the morning. She checked the patient's vitals and injected medication through the cannula. I asked her, "How long do her vital signs need to be monitored?"

"Yen bro, does it interrupt your romance?" The nurse asked, smiling slightly.

"Neenga vera sister, chumma irunga kalaikama. Pressure machine cuff pottu, ava arms la naraya blood clot airukula so valikidhu nu solra adha keten."

"They will monitor her for 24 to 48 hours after she awakens from the coma, bro. Maybe you can leave tomorrow or the day after tomorrow. Aparam morning, 7.30 ku MRI schedule pannirukanga, I will return to take her. It will take about an hour to complete the scan, so please ask her to refresh and eat something light.

After she left, I slept for another hour. Then, at around six thirty, Raghu uncle arrived and woke us up so we could get ready for the MRI. When it was time to leave, the nurse wheeled her to the MRI station, where we were seated near the monitor alongside the junior doctor. The junior doctor stated that her condition had improved since the last visit and that his chief would provide us with a full report.

We returned to her room after more than an hour. I assisted her with bathing and dressing. After she had settled into her bed, her father arrived with her breakfast. The nurses gave her tablets instead of injections this time, took her vitals, and left the room. While he was feeding her, I went to take a shower.

When I returned, she was soundly asleep. I then had breakfast with Raghu uncle. Uncle questioned me, "Sollitia da velaya vida pora nu?"

"Innum illa, uncle. Adha pathi nyabagamey varala. Thoongi endrikatum solren."

"Sari ava college la nee pesuria illa na pesata?"

"Na pesi pakuren, edadhu influence use pana vendi vandha neenga pesunga."

"Sari da. Nee veetuku polaya? unga appa phone panaru, nee edukalayam so enaku panaru."

"Enavam?"

"Summa dha da pannaru."

"Uncle na iniki night Hyderabad poren, nalaiki vandhruven."

"Sari da pathu poitu va. Yedadhu prechana na call pannu. Nama èesi vacha madri matum pannu, nee vera edhum pannadha. Nera po spot ku, enna pannanumo pannitu kelambhidu, michatha un chithappa pathupan."

"Hmmm. Uncle, Minister machana indha ruling period mudijadhum potralama."

He reprimanded. "Adhellam nee yosikadha da. Oru nalla life iruku unaku, adha pathi matum yosi. Avana na pathukuren. Aparam pradeep ah dha sakthi ku PA va appoint pannalam nu iruken."

"Avana edhuku velaiki vaikiranga first? Adha na kuda irukenu sollitenla, aparam avalukku vera yaru venum?"

"Dei neeye avalukku PA va epdi da irupa? you will have your own work."

"Appo vera yaradhu podunga."

"Avan Harvard Business School da. He is brilliant and will be competent. Sakthi is intelligent, but she is unfamiliar with the workings of businesses. It may take some time for her to learn the ropes, and he will be an excellent guide. Also, he has a strong sense of loyalty to her, which is uncommon in the business world, as you are well aware. Nee vena monitor pannu avana until you deem him a worthy candidate."

Grudgingly, I reacted, "Loyalty irukradhala dha kidnap pannana?"

"That happened before. You should have realised by now that he does not need to be around her, but he still does. I spoke with him a week ago and informed him that he owed us nothing, and I transferred the funds you gave me to him. Nevertheless, he comes around just for Sakthi. Also, he drove her to the hospital safely and on time, and he took your crap without reacting. We owe him."