Chapter 54

Rebecca's P. O. V:

I'm wearing my usual work attire as I sit with Lucy, a tea in hand. Erza was with Pabrherlily, sparring.

The guild hall isn't as full as usual, but that's because a certain event is coming up, and everyone is taking solo jobs. I took a few this morning.

Lucy tells us that Cana plans of quitting Fairy Tail.

I say, "You shouldn't worry about it, Lucy. She always starts talking about quitting whenever this time of year rolls around."

Lucy squeals, her brown eyes bugging in her head, "She what...?! Oh, no! Is something bad going to happen?!"

"Let's get to work, Happy!!" Natsu yells excitedly, causing us to look up.

"Aye!!" The blue furred cat exclaims with just as much excitement.

Lucy turns from her seat at the bar as she calls after the males, "Hey! If you're going on a job, take me with you!"

Plu makes a sound of agreement.

Natsu responds as he runs out of the guild hall, Happy flying closely behind, "It's solo mission season! Sorry!"

Happy adds, "We'll hang out with you when we get back!"

Since Natsu wasn't watching where he was going, this causes him to crash head first into Gray, who's wearing only his black boxers. They immediately jump to their feet and Gray yells in annoyance, glaring at Natsu with his eyes as angry white triangles, "You'dbetter watch where you're going, you pink haired freak!"

The Fire Dragon Slayer retorts instantly, his face set in the same expression, "And you'd better try to stay out of my way, Grumpy-Panties-san!!"

I sweat drop at their lame insults.

"Do you guys really have time to stand around and argue?" Happy asks pointedly.

Natsu and Gray day in realisation, "Yeah! Good point!"

Natsu and Happy take off just as Gray reaches the bar, who tells Mira that he's going to take the job he'd selected, while uncaring about his missing clothes.

Mira calls after Gray, "Good luck!"

Elfman pops up suddenly, startling Lucy, as he says that he's taking the job he'd selected. Then, a few other guild members do the same.

Having been knocked out of her chair by the crowd, Lucy exclaims in confusion, eyes wide, "Why is everyone going crazy?!"

As I smile and start walking away, I tell her, "You'll find out soon enough!"

I go over to where Pantherlily and Erza are sparring together, their swords emitting clashes throughout the guild hall.

Kinana, a young petite girl with her blue hair in a pixie cut tells them wearily, a tray of drinks in her hands, "Aaahhh, hey, guys... you really shouldn't be doing that indoors..."

Erza and Lily break apart and there's a poof, as the black Exceed is enveloped in smoke. I blink down at Lily's smaller, Exceed form. He sighs as he murmurs, wiping his paw across his forehead, "It seems I can't stay in my original form for very long. So this is what S-class feels like."

"