2

In the bustling city of Mumbai, Tapu and Sonu were on their way to the local orphanage with a box filled with old clothes and toys strapped to the back of Tapu's bike. As they reached the orphanage gates, the children, who eagerly awaited their arrival every week, rushed towards them with bright smiles and open arms. The kids knew that Tapu and Sonu always brought a little extra joy and affection with them.

"Kabse aap logo ka hi intezaar kar rahe hai," the warden greeted them warmly as they entered the compound. Tapu bent down to be eye-level with a young girl and inquired, "Kaise ho baccho?"

One of the girls, with big expressive eyes, replied, "Hum to bohot acche hai par aap acche nahi ho." Sonu, with a puzzled look, asked, "Aww, aisa kyu?"

The girl's response was simple but touching, "Aap pichle hafte humse milne kyu nahi aaye?" Tapu tenderly cupped the girl's face, "Sorry baccha, ek zaruri kaam tha isiliye nahi aa paaye par ab toh hum aa gaye hai. Dekho hum tum sab ke liye kya kya laaye hai."

With that, Tapu and Sonu laid out the clothes and toys they had brought, and the children's faces lit up with excitement and gratitude. The orphanage became a place filled with laughter and happiness as the kids eagerly started exploring their new gifts, their innocent joy spreading across the room like a warm blanket.

Suddenly, a small voice piped up, "Round bhaiyyu nahi aaye aaj?" Tapu, puzzled, asked, "Round bhaiyyu?" Sonu chuckled, explaining, "Goli ki baat kar rahe hai." Tapu laughed along with her before reassuring the kids, "Woh aa hi rahe hai. Aapke round bhaiyyu khane mein busy hai."

As the children engaged in the delightful chaos of play, the warden announced, "Aap log baccho ke saath kheliye, main aap logo ke liye juice lekar aati hu," and excused herself to get refreshments.

In the midst of the children's merriment, Sonu maneuvered through the room towards a young boy when a toy car unexpectedly rolled under her feet, causing her to stumble. In a quick and graceful move, Tapu caught her by the waist, preventing her from falling. Sonu looked up into Tapu's eyes, and for a fleeting moment, time seemed to stand still as their gazes locked, a silent understanding passing between them.

Unbeknownst to them, Goli, Pinku, and Gogi, the three mischievous friends who often helped out at the orphanage, entered the room and were taken aback by the scene before them. The children, in their innocent wisdom, burst into fits of giggles at the sight of Tapu and Sonu lost in their moment.

"Haaye, inn dono ko saath mein dekh kar mainu 'DDLJ' ke Raj Simran yaad aate hai," Gogi exclaimed dramatically. Pinku chimed in, "Haa, yrr, sabko dikhta hai, par pata nahi inn dono ne apne aankho par 'only friends' ka chashma pehen rakha hai."

Goli, always the one with a plan, reassured the trio, "Uski tension mat lo, maine inn dono se sach ugalvaane ka intezaam kar liya hai. Filhal, inn dono ko real world mein laate hai. Sab dekh rahe hai."

Approaching Tapu and Sonu with mischievous grins, Gogi announced, "Ek minute, main ek photo le lu," before capturing the moment on camera. The sound of fake coughs broke Tapu and Sonu's reverie, bringing them back to the present.

Blushing furiously at the teasing glances now directed their way, Tapu and Sonu mumbled awkward explanations, much to the delight of the children and their playful, meddling friends.

"Woh woh, main yeh ghirne wali thi toh bas—" Tapu began before being interrupted by Pinku's playful comment, "Aur tune hero ki tarah bacha liya."

With a shared understanding and a nod, Sonu gently redirected the conversation, "Bass chalo, jo kaam karne aaye the woh kare?" A smile played on everyone's lips as they resumed their purpose of spreading joy and love in the orphanage.

As the day drew to a close, Tapu and Sonu bid farewell to the children, their hearts full of the happiness they had shared. Riding back on Tapu's bike, the memory of their special moment lingered, a silent promise of the bond they shared beyond just being friends. And in the rearview mirror, the orphanage stood as a beacon of hope, filled with the echoes of laughter and the promise of brighter tomorrows for those who called it home.