20. Arrival Date?

D I V Y A M

She is breaking into my arms, crying like she never did before.

"I am here baby, I am going nowhere" I said rubbing her back.

"You know I was so scared! The doctor said that the coma is unpredictable. You could've stayed like this forever" She was hiccuping badly.

"Don't cry now! The baby might be feeling weird" I tried to calm her but she cried more.

"Even the baby wasn't moving, it just kicked today for the first time" She said as I placed my hand on her bump which was quite evident now.

Suddenly something moved and then I felt a flutter inside her.

"What was that?"

"It kicked" She said trying to smile lightly.

Our gazes met and I suddenly felt like I was away for ages, I am so going to kiss her for hours.

"Mr. Mehra, hope I am not disturbing?" The doctor said while entering the room.

"You kinda did" I said earning a smack from my wife.

"It's great to see you talking like before and I guess your memory is also fine, we just need to run a few checkups and you'll be good to go" He said while taking my blood for tests.

Just then the door opened and my whole family walked in, the sobs were too loud.

"I missed you so much Divu, I love you" Maa said giving me a hug.

Next was Papa and Aman, my brother literally cried.

"You scared me Bhai" He sobbed more as everyone chuckled.

"Pehli baar Aman ro raha hai" Taran said joining the hug.

"Chalo guys! Ab zara privacy do Divyam aur Tanvi ko" Nani said and took everyone out, except Tanvi.

"You need a shower" She said with a cute smile.

I was about to get up but I already felt weak as I took a step. She held my hand and walked me to the bathroom.

"Stay here! I'll get your clothes" She went out and came back with my clothes as well as a toothbrush.

I brushed my teeth as she prepared the bath.

"I need help" I said pulling her closer to me.

"That's what I am here for" She removed my clothes as well as hers and stood with me under the shower, I bent a little so she could reach my hair. As I wrapped my arms around her waist, a feeling of nostalgia hit me.

"Did you find out about the gender?" I asked.

"No, I want it to be a surprise" She said with a chuckle.

"I can't wait to hold her in my arms" My little Evara.

"Me too! You know Veer, Claire and Nevan came here for our anniversary, they were so excited. Nevan said he wanted to see the baby instantly but ofcourse we couldn't show him" She was finally chattering like before.

"So cute! By the way, Happy one year baby" I whispered and looked into her eyes as my hair was perfectly washed now.

"Happy one year, I love you so much" She said pulling me for a kiss, this is what heaven feels like. Her lips perfectly fit with mine as she tried to dominate me but I didn't let her. I could feel the rush of anger and emergency in her pace, she bit my lips like she was punishing me for something.

As we pulled away, she placed her head on my chest.

"I missed you so much, so fucking much" Her voice was different now, the playfulness is no more evident.