19. Moved

T A N V I

"Happy Anniversary" I felt Maa's presence next to me, I am sitting in the hospital, just outside his room waiting for him to walk out but he didn't.

"Thank You Maa" I placed my head on her shoulder as tears started flowing from my eyes.

"How's my granddaughter doing?" She asked.

"She is fine, just that she isn't moving" I said and sobbed more.

"Veer and Claire have arrived, don't you want to meet them?"

"I'll be there by morning" I said.

"He loves you" She said making me smile.

"I love him more" I said and decided to meet him.

"Be strong ok?" Maa said pecking my forehead.

I gave a nod and walked inside, the silence was killing me and so was his sleep. I could see how his face had turned pale and emotionless.

"Hi baby" No response.

"Happy Anniversary, I love you and I am waiting for you. Get up and tell your daughter to move, she isn't even moving an inch and I am scared now. You both love to scare me, don't you? Have some mercy baby, isn't it enough now? You would've killed me if I didn't respond for this long, tum utho phir batati hu kitna tadpi hu mai itne din. Tum bas ek baar utho, class laga deni hai maine" I said pecking his forehead.

"Good Night" I said leaving him alone.

I went home and tried to sleep but I couldn't, how can I?

Thankfully the Morning arrived and I was woken up by loud screams of a baby boy, Nevan...

"Auntyyyyyy" He screamed as he was about to jump in bed but Veer stopped him.

"Careful Neev! Your aunty has a baby inside her, you might hurt them like that" He said and Nevan gave a confused look.

"A baby? Here?" He asked pointing at my tummy.

"Yup, a little baby" Claire said as we hugged.

"Where is my uncle?" Nevan asked but I couldn't reply.

"He is in the hospital, he is a little ill" I said caressing his hair.

"Oh! Can I make him a 'Get well soon' Card?" He asked excitedly.

"Ofcourse! Your uncle will love it" I said earning a sad glance from Claire.

I freshened up and walked down to the living area, everything was decorated like it was at our wedding.

"Maa..." I called out as she gave me a hug.

"Thank you for being our Daughter" She said making me smile.

"Happy Anniversary Bhabhi, we became one family a year ago" Aman said giving me a hug.

"Happy Anniversary Beta" Papa greeted handing me a gift.

I opened it and found a family photo of us.

"Happy Anniversary mere bacche" Nani also wished giving me a peck on forehead.

"Bhagwan kare Divyam jaldi theek ho jaye" She said and I smiled.

We all decided to go to the hospital together.

"Mumma, why is Div uncle sleeping?" Nevan asked.

"He isn't well Nevan, he needs rest" Claire said as he gave a nod.

"Uncle Div...Get well soon, ok? You promised you'll play basketball with me so you'll have to wake up and feel better for that" He said making us all smile.