18. Love

T A N V I

Few days later.

We are on our way home from the Police Station because we got the news that Divyam's uncle committed suicide, I kinda predicted this.

"Are you ok?" Divyam asked and I just smiled.

I feel peaceful, finally! No one is going to harm us, my baby is no longer a part of this drama.

We reached home and I quickly hugged Divyam, he is the only feeling I need around me.

"I love you" I muttered slowly.

"I love you more" He said caressing my hair.

Suddenly gunshots hit the window glasses, thankfully we have bulletproof windows and doors.

I was quickly sent to the bedroom while Divyam walked out with his gun.

Why can't anyone see us happy?

I waited for the noises to go away but they didn't, the screams increased and I fell on my knees, wrapping my hands around my tiny baby bump.

A final gunshot was heard and I sighed in relief but Maa's scream followed it and I ran down.

"What happened?" I asked.

Everyone was ok, the cops were already here but only one person was missing, my husband.

I looked around and finally saw him, lying silently on the floor with blood pooled around his head.

"Aman...Carry him to the car for me" I said and ran out with the car keys.

I drove him to the hospital myself, ambulances never came on time.

"Taran...CALL DOCTOR TARAN!" I shouted and Taran came running, his eyes fell on me and then on his best friend. I could see his eyes watering but he didn't cry, he just ran to the OT.

"He'll be fine Bhabhi" Aman assured me.

"He has to be fine, or I won't forgive him" I muttered as a tear finally left my eye.

"Tell your Papa to fight back for us, he'll listen to you" I said caressing my tummy.

After 5 long hours, Taran walked out.

"This is Dr.Harris, Neurosurgeon. He did the surgery and I was just there to assure everything goes smoothly. He'll explain the situation to you" He said as Dr.Harris asked us to follow him.

Maa and Papa joined us as well.

"He has internal injuries, there is a slight crack near his skull but that will be handled. What I am scared about is that he might be in a coma. He isn't conscious yet and the chances are less that he'll be up" He explained.

"What hit his heat?" I asked as I didn't know what happened there.

"They broke the door Bhabhi, bhai was stopping them and one of them pushed so hard that bhai hit his head on the corner of the door. And then that bastard hit the same place with a rod" Aman said in anger.

"Are they arrested?" I asked earning a positive nod from Papa.

"Doctor, how long?" Maa asked.

The doctor sipped some water and gave us the never ending glance.

"It can be hours, days, months or a year or maybe never. It's more of a self recovery process, we cannot say anything" He said like it's normal.

"WHAT? Remove that never from the sentence or I might hurt you" Aman fired.