9 | Birthday girl

Kate's pov

Today is Olivia's birthday and I'm so excited.

I've recently learned that she loves books so I decided to get her some. I made Kalea come with me because she knows what type of books she likes and which ones she has and doesn't.

After that, we went back to the dorms and I got the gift ready. Took me a while because it had to be perfect. Gabbie was telling that it didn't have to be but I ignored her.

After that, I got ready for practice, texted Liv a happy birthday for the fourth time today. She's definitely annoyed by now but oh well.

"You ready?" Gabbie ask from the door. I nod and grab my bag and we head to the gym.

Apparently we had to wait for Liv to come down for practice because they wanted to sing her happy birthday but I know she doesn't like when people do that for her and I tried to change their mind but their minds were already set.

"She's coming!" Caitlin runs up to us looking all happy and goofy. We all gathered around and pretend we were reading some plays when she walked in.

"Hey guys" Liv says making us turn and smile at her. "Olivia? As in the birthday girl?" Jada says all weirdly. "Yeah? Why are being so weird?" Liv ask setting her camera stuff down on the table.

"Can we please sing happy birthday?" Gabbie ask with puppy eyes. "No" she waves her off and starts singing, soon me and the rest of the team joined. I could tell she was suffering but tried not to show it.

After we finished singing, Gabbie, Caitlin, Jada, AJ and Molly started jumping around her and hugging her making her shrink back. "Alright guys" I tried to make them stop but it wasn't working.

"Coach is here" I say making them all stop and turn around. "Liar" AJ whispers and glares at me. I told them to go warm up so that Liv can I have a break. "Thanks" mumbles walking off to her camera and getting it ready.

I follow her and watch her do her thing. "So we were thinking of going out for your birthday. Is that okay?" I ask her hoping it is because we already made reservations. "Yeah that's cool" I nod my head and say bye to her before running off to stretch.

After our practice, we all got ready for the rest of the day well until Olivia, Gabbie, Cait and Kalea came rushing in my room all excited. "Kate! Guess what?" Olivia says all cheerful. "What?" I match her energy and she comes and sits next to me.

"We got tattoos" Gabbie says sitting on my other side and showing her tattoo. "Jada conviced us to get one for my birthday" Liv says turning around and showing me her back. She has a spine tattoo and it actually looks good.

"Wow" I look at it because I know it would hurt if I touched it. "Look at mine" Gabbie makes me focus on her. She shows me her back elbow tattoo which is also nice. Then Cait showed me the one she got which was on foot and Kalea had one on her rib. And I knew that hurt.

"Don't you think it's beautiful?" Liv ask looking at Gabbie's tattoo again. "Yeah...beautiful" I say watching her closely. "Bro that shit hurt" Cait complains sitting down in my chair.

"Wait my moms calling" Liv says laying on her stomach and answer her moms facetime call. "Did you get a tattoo?" her mom ask making me laugh a little. "Hi mom. How are you doing? It's my birthday today" Liv says sarcastically.

"Hi yes Happy birthday but a tattoo? Really Olivia?" Gabbie smiles and comes to lay next to Liv. "Hows the present?" Cait whispers to me. "It's good. I hope she likes it"

"Olivia Jade. I told you not to get one" I raise my eyebrow and pay attention to this conversation. "Yeah you said that when I was under your roof" I could just feel Olivia's eyeroll.