IV - Miserable Girl

Grim furrowed his eyebrows in annoyance while tapping an impatient foot on the couch he was lounging on, there was a stack of empty can food across him on the glass coffee table in the middle of the living room whereas beyond this area was a boy m...

Grim furrowed his eyebrows in annoyance while tapping an impatient foot on the couch he was lounging on, there was a stack of empty can food across him on the glass coffee table in the middle of the living room whereas beyond this area was a boy mopping the floor. He had been at it since sunrise, for some odd reason, Grim's company thought it was the most fantastic idea to do general cleaning before the ceremony began.

"Yuu, seriously! Are you not yet finished? You're so slow" The raccoon-cat hybrid declared in a complaining tone, lazing on the couch, feeling so heavy and not in the mood to be productive. This day was stagnant, wasn't there anything fancy to occur?

Yuu Sakamaki sweatdropped as he gave a sheepish grin, he already looked messy and sweaty since starting the general cleanup–the cake of clouds of dust, webs, and rubbish he found in this dorm was a lot. Because Grim refused to partake, he had to do everything from top to bottom. "I'd appreciate a helping hand, this dorm is big for the two of us, and–"

"Why'd you decide on cleaning anyway?! Now you are complaining to me?" Grim fired back, interrupting Yuu.

The tall boy with dark hair and eyes found no good retaliation, "It's killing my allergies, I wished the Headmaster gave us a proper dorm to stay in" A deep sigh of disappointment.

This made Grim huff, crossing his arms. "I don't know how in the heck the Mirror thought our souls don't fit the other dorms"

"Beats me," Yuu suddenly didn't feel like cleaning anymore, he stared grimly at the clouds of dust he swept collected in the dustpan.

Yuu Sakamaki came from the land of Oz, it was a magical world not far from Twisted Wonderland. Traveling from Oz to Twisted Wonderland was not hard because of an established connection. Grim was the familiar beast his grandfather asked him to bring, as to how Grim was created and for what purpose, the boy didn't know its extent.

"He will come in handy I say, Grim is born from the magic flowing in our world connected to the other side. He plays a purpose that fate is going to unveil to us in the future" His witty and cryptic grandfather had said with those glint in his eyes.

It was hard to imagine him related to a strong wizard really because Yuu did not inherit any of those skills. He trained hard in combat to make up for this though but would it be effective against these talented mages his age?

What about him? What would be his purpose? Yuu asked to be enrolled in Night Raven College to learn more about magic but things spiraled down when the Mirror judged he didn't fit any dorms. The Headmaster of this school made them stay at this throwaway, haunted place called Ramshackle. What the heck was this dorm for?

Yuu was roused out of deep sad musings when he noticed Grim get up and throw the empty canned foods in the trash bin, afterward the hybrid began helping around the dorm. "Grim...? Are you alright?" He blinked.

"You make it sound like you're having delusions" Grim deadpanned, he couldn't blame him though because he'd not initiate or help Yuu with anything. "Just get your butt moving and let's finish this already, we can't have you dying due to dust allergies, that's hella lame"