Chapter 10: Xingqiu

Content Warnings

- Emotional and physical abuse

- Forced misgendering

- Pregnancy-related distress

- Intense emotional turmoil

Xingqiu's heart weighed heavy with the burden of his truth as he stood before the serene waters of the Liyue Harbor. The gentle lapping of the waves was a stark contrast to the turmoil raging within him. Though the world around him was alive with the hustle and bustle of the city, he felt isolated, trapped in a reality where he had to hide his true self from those closest to him.

"Oh, its me! Look Yunyun!"

"I can see you Qiu."

As he gazed out at the shimmering waves, Xingqiu's thoughts were consumed by the conflict within his own family. His father, a stern and traditional man, refused to accept Xingqiu for who he truly was, clinging stubbornly to outdated notions of gender and propriety.

Despite Xingqiu's fervent protests and heartfelt pleas, his father continued to misgender him, treating him as a girl and pressuring him to conform to society's expectations. He even went so far as to arrange a marriage for Xingqiu, choosing a suitor without his consent in a misguided attempt to force his son back into the mold he refused to fit.

Lost in his anguish, Xingqiu barely noticed the approach of Chongyun until a warm hand settled on his shoulder, drawing him from his despair.

"Xingqiu," Chongyun said softly, his voice filled with concern as he joined Xingqiu by the water's edge. "Are you alright?"

Xingqiu's heart ached at the sound of Chongyun's voice, his soul yearning for the comfort and understanding that only his partner could provide. "I... I don't know, Chongyun," he confessed, his voice trembling with emotion as he struggled to articulate the turmoil within him.

Chongyun's eyes filled with sorrow as he wrapped his arms around Xingqiu, holding him close in a gesture of love and support. "I'm here for you, Xingqiu," he murmured, pressing a tender kiss to Xingqiu's temple. "No matter what, you're not alone."

As they stood together by the water's edge, surrounded by the gentle sounds of the harbor and the love they shared, Xingqiu found solace in the warmth of Chongyun's embrace. Though the road ahead might be fraught with challenges and uncertainty, he knew that with Chongyun by his side, he could find the strength to be true to himself, no matter the cost. And as they faced the trials that lay ahead, Xingqiu took comfort in the knowledge that their love would endure, a beacon of hope in the darkness of his father's disapproval.

The tranquility of the harbor was soon shattered by a storm of anger and fear. Xingqiu's heart raced with dread as he watched his father sift through the documents he had hidden away, documents that betrayed the truth he had fought so hard to conceal. The weight of his father's gaze bore down on him, his stomach churning with anxiety as he awaited the inevitable confrontation.

All color vanishes from Xingqiu's face, his secret, one he had even kept from Chongyun so far, everyone will know!

For years, Xingqiu had lived in fear of his father's disapproval, hiding his true self behind a façade of compliance and obedience. But now, as the evidence of his secret visits to the doctor lay bare before them, he knew that his carefully constructed world was about to come crashing down around him.

His father's face was a mask of fury as he turned to face Xingqiu, his eyes blazing with righteous indignation. "What is the meaning of this, Xingqiu?" he demanded, his voice laced with barely restrained anger. "What have you been hiding from me?"