Chapter 15

Klaisen's POV

"When will you tell him?"

I took a glimpse of Jairo who's smoking while leaning against the railings of the rooftop. We're currently at the rooftop of Lairon's company.

He's in a meeting right now and I was waiting for him inside his office when his bestfriend, Jairo, arrived. He said he was there to mess with Lairon again because he's bored. Then he suddenly asked me if we could talk, that's why we're here right now because he wanted it private.

Jairo knows, he knows about me. He knows who I am because he's the fvcking son of my family's personal butler.

When he said before that he knew about me, I asked him how and he told me that his father, which is my family's butler, told him about my family and who we really are.

"I don't know." I shrugged my shoulders and gazed at the city lights below us. "I have no plan on telling him who I really am."

"So you're going to make him a fool?"

"It's not like that, Jairo," I said coldly which made him clear his throat. It probably scared him.

"It is, Theria."

"It's Klaisen."

He chuckled.

"It's Klaisen for Lairon and Theria for the rest of the world."

I remained quiet as he spoke again.

"Bestfriend ko si Lairon, Theria---"

"Call me Klaisen."

"Alright, Klaisen. As I said, bestfriend ko si Lairon, he's like my brother already and I don't want him to get hurt. Hindi ko man masabi sakanya pero importante siya saakin and him getting hurt is the last thing I'd want to see."

He puffed his cigarette and blew the smokes towards me but I remained unaffected.

"And what you're doing right now might hurt him. I know Lairon, he dislike being lied to, especially by the ones he cherish. So if I were you, tell everything to him now."

"Huwag mo akong pangunahan."

"I'm not. It's just a piece of advice, Klai. Tell him before both of you reach the point where he can't forgive you anymore."

I didn't retort.

"Klaisen..." he voice were filled with hope, it was convincing.

"No, Jairo. And stop meddling with a business that doesn't concern you---"

"It does, Klai. Lairon's my bestfriend---"

"If I failed to keep him, then you take care of him. You take him away from me. But now, let me do what I want, Jairo. Let me be."

"But it'll only hurt the both of you."

"It'll be fine. I already saw it coming."

"Klaisen."

"Have a good night."

I gave him a cold, emotionless look before I walked away.

It may sound selfish but I don't care, I just want to be happy with him for now, then I'll take care of the inevitable pain that's coming.

While I was walking down the stairs, I received a message from a private number and it wasn't a good news.

"Finish your work there as soon as possible. We need you here, Theria. We've got big fish to catch."

---

JAIRO'S POV

"Jai, don't you notice anything?"