Chapter 5

"Mr Harrison, nice to meet you."

Tinitigan ko ang lalaking mas matanda kaysa saakin, and the first thing I noticed is his features, he looks like my father's younger version. A carbon copy.

Damn.

They shaked hands as we sat. Magkatabi kami ni Lairon habang ang lalaki ay nasa harapan namin. We're in the seafood restaurant in the resort, malapit lang ito sa hotel.

The walls of the restaurant was made of thick glass kaya kitang-kita mula rito ang napakagandang tanawin at ang mga tourists na naliligo sa dagat at ang ibang nasa mga cottage while doing their own businesses.

It's almost 10AM and we're here to eat our breakfast and at the same time, meet the big client Mavis was talking about yesterday night. I told Lairon that I'll go with him and he agreed dahil pati siya ay gustong malaman kung sino itong lalaking ito.

Ang hula namin ay kapatid namin ito, pero kailangan kong makasigurado.

At ngayon, sigurado akong kapatid namin ito dahil kamuka niya si dad, parang siya talaga ito pero mas bata nga lang. But how? How come that I and Klaud never knew about him? Our parents didn't tell us about this.

Ang akala ko ay dalawa lang kaming magkapatid.

"So, while waiting for our orders, I'd like to present my proposal."

He pulled a white folder from his briefcase and gave it to Lairon whilst I kept staring at him. Ang dami kong katanungan na gustong masagot but I remained silent, I promised to Lairon that I'll behave until the meeting is done, then pwede na akong magtanong sa client niya.

"Your girl?" Bigla nitong tanong dahilan para umangat ang tingin ko sakanya, he's looking at me with a smirk on his face.

"Nope," Lairon answered nonchalantly as he read the proposal.

Napatango ang lalaki.

"Where's your brother?"

Nakatingin pa rin ito saakin, pero seryoso na ang mukha niya. Tinaasan ko siya ng kilay.

"Who are you?" I retorted, ignoring his question.

Ayokong sagutin ito o magtanong kung bakit alam niyang may kapatid dahil para saakin, it's some enemies' tactics to squeeze out the information they want to know from a person.

He chuckled, which made me glare at him.

"So, the rumor is right. You're not easy to fool." He chuckled more. "Kapatid nga kita."

I froze. Lairon, on the other hand, suddenly closed the file he was holding.

"How can you be so sure?"

"Oh, now, the great Deatheria is fooled with mere statement, you're convinced that I'm your brother?"

"Fooled? You look exactly like my father, who won't believe that we're blood-related?"

"Then why did you ask how sure I am when I told that you're my sister?"

Tumahimik ako. I rolled my eyes.

"Let's take DNA test tomorrow and if I find out that we're not blood-related, I'll sure you for claiming to be my brother and for using our surname."

"And if we are, what will you do?"

"Wala naman."

Ngumisi siya.

"Let's take DNA test right after this meeting and I know someone who can give the results right away."

And we did. After the meeting and after we ate, we went to the nearest hospital to do the test. Ipinatawag niya roon ang doctor na sinasabi niya and I was shocked when he said that the said doctor was out of the country pero pinabalik niya rito sa Pilipinas ngayon din using his private plane.