Chapter 23: A Tranquility Girl

(Hey, author here. So, this is where the light novel territory starts. I used the opening from the movie, then some of my own ideas for the middle, and the end is mostly light novel. I cut some of the lines from LN, cuz Kazuma's are... Anyway, I pulled an all-nighter while writing this, so let me know if there's errors. And if this is good or bad, too. Anyway, hope you enjoy.)

On a nice, peaceful morning in an open field, a few goats were munching on grass with a view of a mountainside in the distance. Some clouds floated away from in front of the sun, bringing the light of the sun to the goats. While the wind blew some tree branches a short distance away, creating a noise, the ground rumbled slightly.

A Giant Toad hopped towards the goats and stopped, its mouth expanding as it croaked. Then, in an instant, the toad snatched one of the goats that moved to another patch of grass to eat with its tongue. The other goats noticed the toad and ran away, while a few of the goat's legs were sticking out of the toad's mouth.

Meanwhile, a pillar of large, vibrant stars appeared in the distance, followed by a large explosion. It took about 5 seconds for the sound of the explosion to get to the toad, which turned its head to look at the direction of the explosion, still eating the goat.

Capture Quest: Collect Migrating Tuna

QUEST FAILED

Y/N: KONOOOoooo...

Megumin: ...subaAAAAAAA!!!

Adventurer 1: "Did you hear? Starting next year, there won't be any more tuna."

Adventurer 2: "Some crazy mage screwed up the entire landscape."

Adventurer 3: "I always look forward to tuna season..."

In the guild, adventurers were complaining about not having tuna next year. The cause of that sat opposite of Y/N, next to whom was his bro. The rest of their party were sitting around the same table, and all of them were looking down with their eyes covered by shadows.

Y/N: "... Negative zero points."

Kazuma: "That doesn't even-"

Megumin: "WHAT?! Come on, Y/N, today's Explosion magic was worth at least 120 points!"

Y/N: "It was worth less than zero, so negative zero!"

Hearing such dumbassery from Y/N, Kazuma decided to ignore it and butt in on the conversation.

Kazuma: "You let loose an Explosion because you thought a monster was going to take our tuna?! What's the point if you blow up the fish, too?! Would it kill you to learn other advanced magic already?!"

Darkness: "Kazuma, that's going too far."

Kazuma: "You reek of fish."

Darkness, who tried to join the conversation, blushed and looked ecstatic from Kazuma's immediate insult.

Kazuma: "As soon as we got on the water, they were gnawing on you!"

Y/N: "And why was Aqua tied to the ship's bowsprit?"

Kazuma: "No, why were you blasting Lightning in the water?! You nearly got me and Darkness killed!"

Y/N: "... Teehee!"

Kazuma: "Bro, never do that again."

Y/N: "Sorry."

After witnessing his bro do something extremely cringe-worthy, Kazuma sighed and leaned on his elbows.