Book 1.13: The Blue Spirit

Water.

Earth.

Fire.

Air.

Long ago, the four nations lived together in harmony.

Then, everything changed when the Fire Nation attacked.

Only the Avatar and Daimon, masters of all four elements, could stop them, but when the world needed them most, they vanished.

A hundred years passed, and my brother and I discovered the new Avatar and Daimon, an airbender named Aang and an earthbender named Hua.

And although his airbending and her earthbending skills are great they have a lot to learn before they're ready to save anyone.

But I believe Aang and Hua can save the world.

A pot with vegetable soup was sitting on the fire pit Hua made

The Daimon stirred the soup and tasted it.

"Mmh, a bit more salt.", she mumbled to herself.

She added the spice, as Katara called out to her: "How is the soup going, Hua?"

"Nearly done, Katara, how is our patient?"

Together they looked at poor sick Sokka. He was lying against Appa, coughing and sweaty, huddled in his sleeping bag.

Thank the spirits they had found this old ruin to make camp or Sokka would suffer more.

At least here they were safe from the weather and it was cosy warm.

Katara pressed a wet rag onto Sokka's forehead.

"This should bring your fever down.", she cooed at her brother.

Hua put the soup in a bowl and joined them.

"Here Sokka, something to eat. It will help you too."

But the older boy was so delirious from his fever that he just said: "You know what I love about Appa the most? His sense of humour."

"That's nice. I'll tell him.", said Katara a bit amused.

Appa growls.

Sokka laughs. "Classic Appa."

"Come Sokka, eat a bit of the soup.", pleaded Hua and raised the spoon towards his mouth. "It will help."

"I want meat soupy.", he whined like a child.

The Daimon signed so Katara shovelled the soup down her brother's throat.

At least he eats it like that.