Chapter 66 : Changes in Personality...

Psychic energy covered Orion, Kadabra and Rhydon and the three of them disappeared. At that very instant, Mr. Mime focused on the balcony they were standing on. Realizing that it was someone from the Gym, he didn't focus on it anymore and turned his attention back to the barrier.

The reason why Orion's Kadabra could teleport was that Sabrina's Mr. Mime hadn't locked the space down. He could do so if he wanted to, but that would have also made it harder for the Pokemon Trainers to retreat to safety. It would have been very inconvenient for their side. Hence, Mr. Mime didn't lock the space and instead just monitored any spatial disturbances within the innermost barrier.

A few hundred meters behind the rear of the army, Orion and his Pokemons appeared. Kadabra had chosen a spot where he didn't sense anyone nearby. Since everyone was focused on the battle, no one noticed his sudden movement.

Orion said, "It's a shame that we couldn't watch Sabrina's fight, but I guess watching how the army fights isn't bad either. We will sneak in closer to the rear to get a better view of the battle.

Keep close attention to your surroundings. If anyone attacks us, defend us Rhydon. Use Rock Blast to stall them for a few seconds. Kadabra, you'll focus only on teleporting all three of us back to the Gym. We won't be participating in this battle."

Kadabra and Rhydon nodded. The three of them snuck a few hundred meters ahead. Thanks to their experience in attacking Pokemon colonies, they had become very good at moving very quietly and without attracting any attention.

Finally, they reached a distance from where they could see some battles clearly. Of course, they were still quite far away from the battlefield as all of them had great eyesight.

Around a couple of hundred meters away, a group of 5 Pokemon Trainers were fighting some Pokemons from the tide. From the aura of the Pokemons, Orion could see that all 5 were Intermediate tier Trainers. The strongest among them had a level 36 Arcanine. By comparison, the strongest Pokemon in the Tide was a level 31 Primeape.

Since the majority of the Tide had already been destroyed and they were in the rear, their Pokemons outnumbered the Pokemons from the Tide by nearly two times!

Orion observed as they fought with excellent coordination and restricted the enemy Pokemons to a limited space. As long as they were in position, the Pokemon Trainers went on an all-out offence!

"Arcanine, Ninetales, Rapidash, Magmar use Flamethrower!"
"Noctowl, Fearow, Pidgeotto use Gust to amplify the Flamethrower!"
"Starmie, Golduck, Poliwrath use Water Pulse and ensure that the Flamethrower doesn't hit our comrades."
"Sandslash, Nidorino, Nidorina use Poison Sting and stop them from dodging the Flamethrower."
"Victreebel, Vileplume, Rosalia use your Razor Leaf to do the same on the opposite side!"

After cornering all the enemy Pokemons in a limited space, they unleashed their combination attack! The Pokemons who had barely made it through the army and reached the rear unleashed a screech as they were burnt to death! In less than a minute, everyone was dead.

The Fire type Trainer exclaimed happily, "Great work everyone! We have eliminated another batch of vermin! Let's drive them all away toda…"

The eyes of the Four Trainers and all their Pokemons widened as he was beheaded before he could complete his encouraging speech! A level 48 Crobat managed to sneak attack and slashed through his neck with its sharp wings!

Orion's eyes widened and his pupils dilated. Even though he was surrounded by death when he transmigrated into this world and had killed too many Pokemons, this was the first time he witnessed a human being killed!

He thought, 'What a precise strike! That Crobat stayed hidden until they eliminated all the Pokemons they were facing and became complacent. The very moment he dropped his guard, the Crobat made its move and killed him in one strike! A perfect assassination!

Regardless, the battlefield is too risky. If I'm not the strongest Trainer, then I can anytime be attacked by a Pokemon that is much stronger than any of my Pokemons. In that case, surviving will be extremely difficult even if I never drop my guard. Especially if I'm attacked by an Elite tier Pokemon.

I shouldn't participate in any such wars until I'm as strong as Sabrina at the very least. In addition, I shouldn't participate in wars from where I can't or am not allowed to retreat. Still…'

Orion was a bit surprised by himself. He had just witnessed a human getting killed ruthlessly. It was the first time he witnessed it in either of his lives. Yet, he wasn't as affected as he thought he would have been. Instead of being shocked, stunned or emotional, he analyzed the situation in a calculative manner.

Unlike Orion, the Fire type Trainer's Pokemons and comrades became very emotional. All attacked the Crobat ruthlessly. However, the Crobat dodged all their attacks and flew towards the barrier.

He had made it through the entire army and only needed to infiltrate through the barrier to attack the helpless citizens! Or at least, that's what he thought. Not even a second had passed when a strong Psychic attack hit Crobat and killed it on the spot! It was one of the Elite Trainers, who was watching this front and noticed the Crobat openly charging towards the Barrier, who made a move to eliminate the threat.

Orion thought, 'It looks like seeing hundreds of Pokemons dying has made me quite apathetic even towards human lives…'

Orion was surprised. He had been touring outside the city for nearly three years. During this time, he escaped hundreds of attempts on his life by the wild Pokemons. At the same time, he had killed too many Pokemons during this time.

As a result, his morals and even personality had gone through subtle changes which he hadn't noticed. This was the first time he noticed it. He almost failed to recognize himself for a few moments.

Orion sighed and muttered to himself, 'I had heard that your surroundings define who you become. I didn't think it'd be this true…'

Orion stopped thinking about the dead trainer and turned his attention towards other battles. Since he was a couple of hundred meters behind the rear, he could only see a few battles that were being fought at the rear.

Even so, he saw a lot of innovative tactics being used by the Trainers. It was valuable information for someone who was planning to start his journey soon.

Orion kept an eye on the fights for nearly three hours. During this time, he only saw 2 more deaths among the Trainers! However, the battles were all won by the Pokemon Trainers.

They won with such ease that Orion couldn't help but become suspicious. He thought, 'Something feels off about this entire Pokemon Tide!'

-----------------------------------
A/N : If you want to, you can support me on Patreon.
Link - www.patreon.com/demigod9
Patreon has 18 additional chapters right now.

Thank you Chaos, Carlos, Howellsy, DogmaPiece, Kikap, Unknown and Daniel for supporting me on Patreon.