𝓿

"Elle! You're back! Finally. So?" Theo's gaze was fixed nervously on her, Travis and Conner Stoll were bouncing on the balls of their feet excitedly.

"I got a quête!" Estelle exclaimed. "Will you help me pack?"

(Quest)

"Ovviamente!" Theo exclaimed. "So, you and Travis get clothes, Conner and I will get other necessities." He ordered.

(Of course—Italian)

"Hmm. And where excactly are you getting these nécessités?" Estelle narrowed her eyes playfully.

(Necessities)

"From the camp store of course!" Conner responded.

"Oui, and whose money will you be using?" Estelle said with a playful suspiciousness lacing her tone.

"Who said anything about money?" Theo's face lit with a crooked grin, his eyes alight. Estelle rolled her eyes, chuckling to herself. But, honestly, if the camp was going to harbor kids of the god of thieves, what were they expecting?

⋆˖⁺‧₊☽◯☾₊‧⁺˖⋆

Conner and Theo had gotten her $100 dollars in mortal money, which she had carefully tucked away with the twenty golden drachmas they had "found." Chiron had given each of the quest-goers a bag of ambrosia squares and a canteen of nectar. She made sure her necklace was secured around her neck, along with the ring embracing her finger. They would reappear if she lost them, but she wanted to be armed at all times.

She and Travis had packed several sets of clothes, not knowing how long they would be gone. She had a toothbrush and toothpaste, as well as some face-cleansing wipes. Her skin was nearly impossible to keep from breaking out if she didn't wash it every day.

Some of her favorite books—translated into French— were tucked carefully atop her clothes. Slipping her backpack onto her shoulders, she turned to look at her honorary brothers. 

Tugging them into a big hug, she whispered "au revoir."

(Goodbye)

As she turned to go, Theo whispered in her ear "Be careful, I can't bear to lose you."

"I will" She responded, then walked off, sending the boys a small wave.

⋆˖⁺‧₊☽◯☾₊‧⁺˖⋆

Estelle met the others at Thalia's tree, nodding at them before turning her gaze to Chiron. Argus was behind him, wearing a chauffeurs uniform, eyes decorating his visible skin.

"This is Argus," Chiron told the kids. "He will drive you into the city, and, er,well, keep an eye on things."

Estelle's snorting laugh was cut off by Luke's voice.

Hey!" he panted. "Glad I caught you." Annabeth's cheeks were pinched with pink, and suddenly she found the floor very interesting.

"Luke!" Estelle pulled him into a hug. "I thought we weren't going to be able to say goodbye!"

He chuckled. "I could never let you leave without a goodbye." He smiled at her, but it didn't quite reach his eyes. Luke quickly turned to Percy. "Just wanted to say good luck, and I thought...um,maybe you could use these."

He handed the Poseidon boy some sneakers that looked totally normal. Estelle wondered what could possibly be so special about them.

 "Maia!" Luke's command cut through her thoughts and her eyes widened in amazement.