Chapter 20

Bondita looked at Anirudh as he didn't look at her but instead was looking through the letters he recieved to find Batuk's result .

" Baudi please save me " she jumped in her place and turned to glare at Batuk who whispered to her " Are you trying to kill me? Why did you sneak up on me ?"

He frowned back at her " I didn't sneak up on , why are you getting mad me ? " his baudi is wierd , just now showing so much love and now she's glaring at him .

Anirudh watched the two teenagers and sighed " What were doing with those women ? " he asked catching the attention of the two .

" Dada it wasn't our fault , that woman was passing comments on baudi because she can drive " Batuk said immediately in defence of his baudi and Anirudh looked at Bondita , he felt mad .

" Next time don't waste your time , Don't sit with those women " he said and Bondita nodded , it wasn't like she was any interested .

" Anyways let's check your result " He said as he took out Batuk's result but at that a thought came to his mind as he looked in it , what about Bondita's result? She had her exams before she came here....are her results also out ?

" Baudi did I fail ? " Batuk whispered as he stared at his dada who haven't said anything yet , usually he would start questioning and scolding him by now .

Bondita frowned as she looked at the piece of paper in her patibabu's hands . Why is he so silent ? She felt nervous on Batuk's behalf , there haven't ever been a moment where she had to show her result to someone . There never was anyone who would scold her for studying , so this was new . She glanced at Batuk as he stared at Anirudh nervously , she felt jealous . How lucky he is to have someone who cares about his study .

She have scored high in exams many times and even have gotten praises from her teachers and friends but it never felt this way , someone who genuinely cares about it , a family .

" Dada..." Batuk gathered his courage as he called Anirudh , this silence was more scary than the scoldings .

His voice brought Anirudh out of his thoughts as he looked up at Batuk then at Bondita who seemed to lost in thoughts . Somewhere seeing that hint of sadness on her face , he felt that is she also thinking the same ?

He looked back at the results and aparr from science and hindi , Batuk scored quite nice in other subjects . He nodded as he looked back at Batuk " Why are the mark so low in science and hindi ? "

Batuk glanced at Bondita who was looking down , was she the one getting scolded soon ? Why did she seem to be the one with less scores in exam ?

" Dada actually there were questions that I didn't understand in science exam and with Hindi , I didn't take it seriously because I thought I would score good in it " he answered honestly as his baudi said and Anirudh was surprised , usually his brother would blame someone or just try to run away .

" Since you know where you were wrong then I won't scold you but Batuk this would be your last year , you can't take it lightly . Now go and get you science book , I'll teach you what you didn't understand " Anirudh said and Batuk frowned , haven't he already passed the class though? Why does he have to re-read them ? But he didn't dare question as it was better than getting insults and having his ears blasted by his dada's yelling .

" Bondita " she looked at him and realised that Batuk already left " You wanna talk about something ? You seemed to deep in thoughts " hearing his question she just stared at him while he wished for to open her mouth , they still haven't continued the conversation left at the hospital .

What was she supposed to say? The words which Batuk had said casually earlier played in her head . She can't be angry on him , when in his eyes she's simply a girl who have never been to school or knows any of this .