016 - 𝐌𝐨𝐫𝐧𝐢𝐧𝐠𝐬

---------•✯•---------

Newt is pissed.

Apparently he cares a lot about Thomas. Last night he walked around in circles with his head down and arms crossed over his chest, as he ranted about how stupid it was that Thomas ran in to the maze.

It was indeed very stupid, and honestly people will think he has a death wish or something.

If anyone would survive a night in the maze, it would clearly be Minho. But with the greenie and a most likely unconscious Alby, it would be so much harder. And if they'll leave Alby at the doors through the night, the grievers will take him if they go down that corridor.

Enough of what will or not happen.

Chuck have walked with his head down since the doors closed the night before. Thomas was like a big brother to him. And they was most of the time seen together when neither had work to do. Nothing seemed to make him move on from the thought.

Though he and Eliana did keep each other company until they separated to get some sleep. Since they both wanted to be awake when the doors opened again, if the trio was still alive. And the doors opens early morning, so it's nice with a good sleep.

However, she did woke up much earlier than needed. But got ready straight away and walked out of her hut to find someone else that was awake.

The sky was fading from orange, to a light blue. Not a cloud was seen on the sky, and the sun was shining over the Glade, which made the place a lot more prettier. Birds were chirping and singing, not the once that sounds awful, but the ones that identify the morning.

When she nearly had reached the Homestead, Newt walked up to her. He looked very tired and it seemed like he didn't get much sleep, which she understood. The people he had the closest, was most likely dead.

"Have you seen Chuck this morning?" He asked, his voice quiet.

"No, I just woke up. Is he not at his hammock?"

"He's not, and I don't know where to search. Mind doing it for me?"

"Yeah, sure!"

"Thanks, doors opens in twenty." And he was gone.

If Chuck is sad, and not with someone else or in his hammock. He is by the lake or behind Eliana's hut. So the first place she'll go and look at, is behind her hut.

The walk there was the same towards the Homestead, nothing happened and it was just peaceful. When she turned her head to look behind her hut, no little boy with brunette locks were seen.

So she headed straight to the Deadheads, towards the lake buried in the forest. It was nice walking there, no voices were heard. And there was not wind making the leaves of bushes and trees doing sounds, only the birds chirping a few times.

When she finally reached the lake and walked past a tree, she spotted Chuck sitting against another tree. He had a small knife and a figure in his hands, a sad expression on his face.

"Chuck? What are you doing here alone?" Eliana asked as she walked a few steps closer.

"Nothing, just sitting."

"Doors open in fifteen, you should eat something first. Do you want to come with me?"

"Yeah okay." He answered and stood up, finally looking at her.

"I'm always here if you ever need to get things away from your chest." She confirmed as they walked out of the forest, her behind the boy.

"Thanks, but I'm not good at talking about feelings." Chuck explained.