thirteen

When the doors slide open, I step to the side to allow room for those offloading the elevator, before stepping in. My eyes glance over to Reid, the only one left in, who's adjusting his button up and hair.

"Hey." I reach over, pressing the desired level and awaiting the doors to close before we're transported according to the technical instructions.

Reid spares me a moment's peek before he continues adjusting himself with then entire mirror wall reflecting us. "Did you know that we have a briefing today?"

"Briefing?"

"Yeah. After the whole agreement between this company and TessaVitcâr's people. I didn't know either but I overheard they'd be here around lunch time, just to elaborate on a way forward with the company and its alliance. Around lunchtime, is what I heard."

Subconsciously, perhaps because I'm seeing him do so, I find myself wiping away creases and adjusting the hem of my dress, though confusion washes over my senses at the unknown information I've just received. My expressions cannot be hidden; the mirror shows me that, though at least, I did choose to look more presentable this fine Monday.

"The CEO or like, the other heads of the company?"

"Not sure but," Reid huffs, turning to look at me, eyes raking over my body from head to toe, then shrugs, "I think those that were there during the event are most likely the ones who will be here."

So, Micah will be there.

There's a soft ping sound before the doors part ways; Reid and I step out and head towards our section, greeting a few along the way. We settle in our own seats, take out our gadgets and get started with the agenda for the day.

Now and again, we're exchanging words regarding the work, and other times we're talking to other colleagues, but the time ticks away and constantly so, I check the time and count down the hours to minutes away from our lunch hour. I can't say I am anxious, though I do feel and have been feeling slight nerves in the pit of my stomach. Just the thought of seeing him, especially in my workspace, intrigues me almost to an itching extent. I want to see him — the last time I did was when he climbed out my room only this past weekend, and despite the fact that one might consider it a couple of hours, I still feel like, really, it's been long.

It also makes me realise my slowly but surely growing desire to see him more and more. I still don't have his number (and maybe I actually do regret deleting it back when I actually was moving on with my life), and he never asked verbatim for mine. Perhaps, this thing of unexpectedly seeing each other has some sort of beauty behind it, but how long can we keep this going? Him climbing in my room at night because he can possibly smell my being within my apartment, or suddenly at some work related event or meeting.

Or in a parking lot of an ice cream parlour. I really liked that time. It was different, beyond what I am used to in general, when it comes to said wolf.

Regardless, lunch hour came and most of us colleagues were ready and prompt to exit our work space and head towards the main boardroom the moment news circulated about the said meeting to be had. Of course, Reid and I head out together and take the stairs upon seeing the elevators gaining a fine chain of waiting people. We head to the boardroom, the one that seems to be the possible location, and our suspicions are comfirmed when we see more people from other departments gathering there.

"You know what I suspect?" Reid leans against a wall, eyeing the groups of people who await some sort of instruction. He squints his eyes, arms folding over his chest before he nudges his head. "I think they might mention some sort of raise."

Why aren't I even surprised he'd think to say something along these lines. Of course he would.

I sigh, shaking my head to and fro as he grins at me. "I dount that's the case, Reid. I think it's just a matter of reintroducing the company and what we could expect moving forward and stuff. I don't think it has anything to do with us."