2

I woke up, the pain in my side reduced to a small ache. I checked my phone for the time. 9:42p.m. I sat up in my bed, I slept for at least maybe 5 hours?

    I walked to my bedroom door. I heard my mother in the kitchen making dinner. I quickly changed from my school uniform to something more comfortable.

    I walked into the kitchen and my mom looked up from the stove. She's making some Sukiyaki.

    “Oh honey, you're awake! Have a nice nap?” She asked, looking back at the stove.

    “I guess.”

    Inko looked at me once again, with a worried expression. “Something wrong sweetie?”

    “No, I'm fine. Just tired from sleeping too much.” I then sit down at the dinner table.

    My mom and I sat down and ate our dinner. I washed my dishes after I was done.

    “Honey, you should pack your bag before bed, the Bakugo's are gonna arrive early in the morning.”

    “Ok, mom”

    “And that means no All Might action figures, and other unnecessary stuff.”

    I sigh and nod and walk towards my room.

    “Your side ok?” My mom asks.

    She must have seen me holding my side. “Yeah it's ok, I just hit it.”

    I then packed my bag with clothes, a toothbrush, and a few notebooks in case I get bored and wanna doodle or write notes. And some money, just in case.

    I then lay down. I'll probably want as much sleep as possible.

              ●                    ●                 ● 

    My mom woke me up early, so I could have one last breakfast with her.

    To say I was nervous was an understatement.

    I was washing my dishes as a knock was heard on the front door.

    My mom opened the door. “Izuku the Bakugo's are here!” My mom called from the door. I quickly dry my hands on a towel, grab my bag from my room, and slip on my shoes at the door.

   “Hurry up, nerd. My parents are waiting.”Kacchan sounded pretty irritated, his mom probably made him get me while they waited in the car.

    I hug my mom goodbye.

    “Love you, Izuku!”

    “Love you too, mom.” I then exited the door.

    “Have fun” my mom yells from the door.

    Fun is probably the last thing I'm gonna get this summer…

    I walk to the Bakugo’s car, and put my bag in the back as Kacchan sits down. I sit down in the other seat, sitting as close to the door as possible.

    “How are you doing, Izuku?” Mitsuki Bakugo asked.

    “I'm fine.”

    Masaru Bakugo pulled out of the apartment parking lot, and onto the main road. Kacchan plugged in earbuds and listened to muisc. I on the other hand, grabbed my notebook and my phone and started to write down some hero notes.

    As the sky became dark, I started to feel sleepy, so I put away my notebook and phone. I then fell asleep against the window.

    When I woke up, the car was coming to a stop at restaurant in the movie of nowhere. Kinda like in movies. It was called ‘Delphos Delicious Diner’, the colors of the restaurant were as bright as the sun. I stretched in my seat. And Mitsuki Bakugo turned towards Me and Kacchan (who was now awake).

    “Ok, we'll stop here for some breakfast. Then get back on the road. The house should only be a few more hours away.”

    I nod and we all get out of the car and head inside the restaurant. We slide in a booth, with Kacchan and his mother on one side and me and his father on the other.

    “So, Izuku. What do you want? Don't worry its on me.” Bakugo's mother turned to me.

    “Oh, no! I can't let you pay for me!” I try and convince Mitsuki to let me pay for my own food. But she wasn't having it.

    “I'll pay, you are gonna be staying with us all summer.”

   Kacchan groaned

    “Katsuki. Don't you start. I already promised you that your friends can visit us towards the end of summer vacation if you agreed to this.”

    This time it was my turn to groan.

    We ate and paid for our food. Then we all piled back into car and start driving again.

    After a few hours, we pull up to a two story house. Masaru, Kacchan's dad, parked the car.

    Kacchan entered the house not bothering to help with unpacking the car. So I instead decided to help the Bakugo's bring unpack.

    Mitsuki set down the last box in the kitchen. “Thanks for the help, Izuku.You should pack away your stuff in the guest bedroom. It's down the hall to the right.”

    I picked up my bag and I walked to the guest bedroom. It looked nice, but it's was plain looking, it was a guest bedroom after all. I put away my stuff and sit down on the bed. I texted my mom and said we arrived at the Bakugo's vacation home.

    A moment later a ding of a notification went off

   ‘Ok honey, be careful! Luv you!’

    ‘I will, luv u 2’

   I turn off my phone and plug it in, then layed down. And slept until dinner.

    I woke up to knocking on the door.

    “Oi! Nerd! Get up! It's dinner!” Bakugo yells through the door, then he is heard walking away.

   I rub my eyes and get out of bed and joined the Bakugo's at the dinner table.

    Sadly, I had to sit next to Bakugo.

    As I ate my dinner, the Bakugo's talked.I mostly ignored the chit-chater.

    Feeling awkward sitting next to Kacchan and having dinner with the Bakugo's, I quickly finish my food and and washed my dishs. And headed towards the guest bedroom.

    I lay down, and just stare at the ceiling for a few, until I fell asleep.

Written 5/16/24

Words: 982

Author: Lunar_Moon13co