Chapter 3

"Happy birthday babies. You're looking cute. Awww Nazar na lage." Ishan said as he kneeled down in front of the kids. Seeing him Mayank also kneeled down.
"Happy birthday guys." Mayank wished and smiled.
" Aaj guests aane wale hai. They gave donations and helped us several times." A person in her 40's said.
"Aunty! I missed you."Ishan said blinking dramatically.
"Me too aunty." Mayank joined.
"Ohhh! I know you didn't. Now help me with the guests. They will be coming at any moment.
"Okayy!" Both of them said in unison.
Both of them got up and went behind the lady.

A car stopped in front of the orphanage. A boy in his 20's came along with a lady and a man.
"Mummy, I didn't want to come." Shubman said whining dramatically.
"Shub! Believe me you'll love the kids. They're cute and they behave very well." Sara glared at her son.
"If you say so." Shubman scoffed.
"Listen to your mom." Alex said giving Shubman a smile.

Three of them went inside the orphanage.
"Happy birthday kids." Shubman wished them as he took out chocolates .
"Can I be your friend?" Shubman asked them as he showed the kids his puppy eyes.
"Yeshh! yo-you ca-can." A kid replied as he showed Shubman his puppy eyes.
"Awww so cute." Shubman cooed at the kids.
"I told you. Didn't I?" Sara whispered in Shubman's ear.
"Well you were right." Shubman nodded in agreement.

Ishan and Mayank were bringing chocolate cake in the hall.It was chocolate as the children love it.
All of the kids ran towards Ishan and Mayank.
"It loo-looks sooo tasty." A kid exclaimed looking intensely at the cake.
"Yeah it is tasty Shlok." Ishan said as the two of them placed it on the table.
"Welcome! Ishan and Mayank meet Shubman. He's the same age as you. Maybe you can be friends." The lady who is in charge of the orphanage said as she grinned.
"Hi, I'm Shubman Gill." Shubman said as he offered his hands to Ishan.
"Ishan. Nice to meet you."Ishan said as he shook hands with the latter.
"I'm here too." Mayank scoffed as he saw no signs of Shubman letting Ishan's hand go.
"Meet my friend, Mayank." Ishan said and introduced his best friend.
"Nice to meet you guys. Can we be friends? I don't have any friends in India." Shubman said with a sad face.
"Are you from foreign ?" Mayank asked being curious.
"Yeah , will you be my friend?" Shubman asked the duo again.
"Sure, why not." Ishan replied.
"It's time to cut the cake guysss." The aunty clapped her hands to get everyone's attention. The kids couldn't wait to cut the cake.

"Happy birthday to you. Happy birthday too you......." Everyone said in unison while the kids cut the cake. The cake was big enough for all the people present there.
Everyone was looking at the kids. But someone was not. He was looking at the smiling person whom he made a while ago.
Well, he knows that he doesn't want Ishan to be just his friend. He wants something more.
Let's see how the love story blooms.

_______________________________________
Holaaa guysss. Boring chapter I know.
Comment and you'll have clear skin. Is the story good enough? Target is 20 comments and 20 votes. Or else I'm not going to update. Vote and comment🌝🔪
See you soon
Bye