{8}

Cameron.

Julia stared at me sadly and I shrugged. I couldn't do anything in this situation. My Father stared at her and sighed.

"I'm sorry Sunshine but you can't come with us. It's a business event and with your brother by my side seeking investors, there'll be no one there to watch over you." He explained and she scoffed.

"Stop treating me like a kid. Amelia will be there I can stay with her." She argued and Dad frowned. "Who's Amelia?" He asked looking at me. "One of the Danvers kids." I said and his eyes went wide.

"Rosie, Go get dressed. You can come with us." He said and she squealed before running up the stairs to get dressed.

"Dad? What's with the change of mind? You clearly told me Julia should have no linkage to business meetings and events like these." I said and he sighed. "Your sister is friends with a child of Zach Danvers. It could be the opening we need. Seeing as you've barely made progress with the elder ones." I grew offended by his statement.

"For all I know, Amelia is also barely an important figure for their business line. The twins are. And I know them." I argued and he nodded. "Then I'm sure we can secure an interaction with Mr Danvers." He said and I rolled my eyes. Julia came down dressed in a white dress and heeled sandals with her hair let down. She looked beautiful. So much like Mother.

"You look breathtakingly gorgeous Sunshine. Come on. We'll be late." Dad said and took Julia's hand and we left the house. Arriving at the event was easy and so was our entrance into the auditorium. The decorations screamed filthy rich. I grabbed a glass of alcohol from a passing waiter and took a sip.

"Alright son. Don't forget, make acquaintances. They could be of help later in the future." He whispered and I gave a stiff nod in response.

"Julia Rose?"

We all turned to Amelia who smiled politely at my father. "Hey Amelia! Your dress is beautiful." Julia said as Amelia smiled. "I'm Julia's Father. Mr Hayes. You must know Cameron." Dad said and she nodded with a smile.

"I'm Amelia Danvers. It's so nice to meet you sir." She said shaking his hand. "Your father is an impeccable host." Dad complimented and she laughed lightly.

"I pray the compliment reaches his ears. I'll send someone to let him know you're here so you can talk." She said and my father all but beamed at her. I had barely said a word and finished my drink instead.

She left with Julia leaving me with my father. I glanced around the whole place again. Ugh Dear Lord.

For every single moment that passed I grew annoyed. My father was privileged to meet Mr Danvers and dare I say Snow looked absolutely gorgeous today. And drunk too.

"Mr Hayes?" I turned around and greeted Mr Harrison. He owns a real estate company and is wealthy. "It's a surprise to see you here. I'd taken it that you'd be holed up in your room surrounded by books." He said and I just chuckled. Having an academically successful son made my father have envious people flocking around.

The norms seemed to be every rich kid is a daft one. I stand as an exception. "Well, this is such a an event that cannot be missed." I said and he nodded in agreement. "I hope we could work on some collaboration someday. I believe you'd be more welcoming to the idea. The Danvers' boy barely paid me any heed." He whispered the last part and I raised an eyebrow.

"Well, for him to reject you means you proposed something stupid and time wasting." I said not caring if he'd take offense. He let out a forced laugh.

"You children these days." He muttered and I frowned. "It was nice chatting with you Mr Harrison. I must take my leave." I said and walked away without waiting for a response.

"Well that was just rude to behold." Amelia said appearing out of no where and walking in step with me. I scoffed as she smiled politely at the people we passed by.
"You're just coming out of nowhere. Aren't you supposed to be socializing with your siblings and making connections?" I asked and she shrugged. "Perks of being the last child. I barely have interest in working for the company. I'm a ballerina if you failed to notice. They are barely my concerns. It's Snow's and Sam's inheritance. Not mine." She explained and I looked at her.

She and Julia are so similar. "Well, I don't give a fuck so I'd appreciate if you could leave me alone." She snorted and folded her arms as we continued walking to God knows where.

"The attitude doesn't suit you here. You can be like this in college. It has great advantages for you but not here. People are watching you. After your father got to have a short conversation with my Dad, the reporters and basically everyone has eyes on you. You're an heir to your father's business. Don't tarnish his name." She said and I frowned.

"Why are you being awkwardly nice? I thought you and your siblings hate me." I said and she laughed. "Oh they do. Very much. I don't. I just dislike you but it's toning down. I mean you're too pretty for someone to stay mad at." She said casually as she looked up at me.

We had stopped walking. "Your brother and sister can hate me for all they care. I'm not letting anyone take what's mine." I said lowly and she smirked. "You sure? I mean Sam could easily drop a grudge but Snow? Oh you'd have to go to the ends of the earth to earn her forgiveness. Not exaggerating but she's that intense."

I pondered on her words. To be fair, I did start this but I refuse to back down or lose a girl with a head full of white curls. No way.
"Well, Prance, Dance, Like a ballerina in France." I said and she curtseyed with a grin. She left as I watched her walk away. True to her words, tons of eyes were on me at the moment. They do carry the influence wherever they go.

I rejoined my father and soon after we left the event. I didn't see Snow again after our last encounter. What could she possibly be up to while drunk?

A/N
Thoughts? I was skeptical about posting this but here y'all go. Don't forget to Share, Comment and Vote.
Love y'all so so much and Thank you for 10k+ reads on AORA: HIS LITTLE LIAR. My Soroses are the best❤️

Love, love, love,
Sophie❤️