[4]

Brandy had always been a bit smarter and mature when compared to her pupils. When she was asked to tutor a fellow student, she obviously wouldn't deny the offer, especially since it was for English Literature. Here she was, cuddled up against the spine-prodding seat in the library, and with library boy's [whose name she had learned to be Ryker] eyes boring deep into her own. Her hands continued to shake violently, and she knew he could sense her nervousness. With every person she meets, she compares them to a book character; Ryker was Noah Calhoun. Noah Calhoun, the protagonist of The Notebook, the hero, and Allie Nelson's life partner. Brandy had refused to see the movie, seen as she had always preferred an original, no matter what the subject. She lifted her gaze towards Ryker who was already staring at her with a strange emotion in the dark pools of his eyes. It was not a look she had ever received, not even from her family members, and it was so foreign in his eyes. She decided to shake the crazy thoughts that swirled through her mind like fruit in a blender and get on with the tutoring session.

"Haiku?" Brandy questioned Ryker, as her eyebrows bunched together and her lips turned into a frown. She wasn't told they would be working with poetry, Brandy had always adored the subject to no end, yet she could never find it in her to pair up two words in a rhyme or count the amount of syllables in a sentence. Ryker smiled softly, with a soft shade of scarlet covering his cheeks, that was almost unnoticeable against his olive-colored skin.

"I've always been a fan of poetry." He just barley, mumbled out.

Brandy nodded and started to push up from her seat, Ryker didn't ask any questions, just followed her. She stood on one side of the book shelf searching for a book on that particular form of poetry; Ryker stood on the other. Suddenly, a white slip of paper seemed to appear from thin air. She bent down and began to read the words written in the familiar font,

you are my sunshine

when darkness overtakes skies

you out shine all else

-an admirer