[2]

Brandy walked along the empty corridor, approaching her locker as she continued to stare at her feet; masking any emotion that dare cross her face. Black combat boots came into her line of vision and confusion made it's way onto her face; before she could control her actions she was already looking into the clouded eyes of the boy from the library. He stood with his tall frame towering over her, Brandy knew she couldn't cower back in fear since he could practically see the emotion rolling off of her in waves.

Ryker felt his palms heat up, along with the wildfire spreading throughout the rest of his body. He was aware of the fact that he had two options; man up and tell her his true feelings or keep the mysterious bad boy reputation and leave without another word. "Hi," he inwardly cringed at the sound of his gruff voice and was crossing his fingers that she hadn't noticed.

"Excuse me." She breathed out, he slightly frowned before leaning on a locker close to the one she was putting her combination into and soon came face-to-face with the back of her locker door as she pulled it open. He sighed mumbling out something that was inaudible to her ears, before walking off into the opposite direction.

Brandy was busy exchanging her books, but noticed a white sheet of paper that had fallen to the ground; bending over she was able to pluck it off of the ground and open the neatly folded layers. On the inside was readable, yet sloppy handwriting as if someone had been in a rush,

from the first time I laid eyes on you,

I was completely captivated by you

but you don't see me, do you?

so immersed in you own world

and blind to the one in front of you

I'm not the kind to be all

sappy and romantic,

but for you? that's all I am

-an admirer

beautiful cover at the top of this chapter was made by: aftertastefully