But that's besides the point.

"Think about how happy it'll make Danny and his sister!"I exclaim.

"Yeah yeah. Give me that and you two go get cleaned up and ready for Dinner."Mama instructs.

"Mama, it's not even 5. Nessa told them to be here by 7."

"Which means you two can use these two hours to get ready. Everybody knows you're going to use it all."Mama explains.

We nod in agreement and take our exit, snatching up two Sodas and a bag of Lays with us.

"You have any idea what you wearing tonight?"Sel asks.

I lead her to my room and take a seat on my bed. Sel joins me in a matter of seconds, taking the Chips from my hands.

"A shirt and some jeans. There, outfit figured out."I tell her.

Sel frowns. "Come on, you can do better than that. Why not show off those killer legs of yours?"

"Because two days ago you were calling them fat?"

"Which you have forgiven me for, so we shall not speak of it. You're wearing a dress or a skirt. No objections."Sel states.

I roll my eyes and unwillingly follow her to my closet. Sel immediately went to the back, where dresses would be found. They were mostly dresses Sel left or brought over in the hopes of me seeing one I liked and wearing it.

I never went this far in, so the chances of that ever happening was slim to none. Mostly, none.

"How about this?"

Sel shows off a sequenced red dress that was short and looked unpleasantly tight. I shake my head, too horrified to form words. Sel sighs and puts it back.

"This?"Sel asks. She goes for something gold and I place it right back where she got from with a tight smile on my face.

"Maybe a Skirt?"

"Yeah, that may be your best bet."I sarcastically agree.

Sel grins at me and moves over to the drawers that held skirts. She digs around in there for a little bit as I eye my jeans.

I could totally pull off ripped denim jeans, a muscle tee of some color, and some colorful socks. What more could Sel possibly want?

"This. This is it."Sel cries.

In a pose made for the gods, Sel holds up a pink pleated skirt. I nod in appreciation. "Not bad. Not bad at all, my friend."

"Oh, I have the perfect top for that! Go get in the shower and I'll run back to my house to get the top. Go, go, go! We don't have that much time!"Sel orders, quite literally pushing me out the closet and to the bathroom.

"You're worse than my Mother."I tease.

"Good. Use the Georgia Peach Shower Gel you just brought. And get behind those ears!"Sel calls back.

"Okay, Mother!"

I chuckle to myself and undress, before stepping under the showerhead that spewed hot water over me. I always loved taking showers, they brought me a since of peace and assurance I needed in my sometimes crazy life.

I didn't understand how people soaked in Baths--you were practically soaking in your own filth. How disgusting was that? Bath Bombs or not, that was wrong on so many levels.

I was just lathering up my hair with shampoo when the bathroom door swung open. Through the shower clear doors I could just make out Sel's sillhouette in the doorway, fog blurrying a clear picture of either of us.