ok deal!

"You wanted to talk about something, Mr Emerson? " I asked him, while praying to God that this isn't about my stupidity. But by his serious expression I am sure that I will get fired on my very first day.

" I asked for you because, I wanted to discuss about a case that you will be handling ." He said and sighed before opening a file on his desktop and my fear of being fired was long gone and I was filled with enthusiasm about getting my first case in the company.

" I have been working on this project from a few months now and when I did the first screening of the product, The Lenord technology sued us for patent infringement. They are claiming that I stole an idea from their company, which is impossible coz I am the one who came with that idea. " He said and looked at me seriously before continuing.

" I know that they are lying but, they have a patent on the product dated way back from the time I announced the product, which means... " He said and leaned back on his chair making my heart feel weird but I ignored the feeling and completing the sentence that he left trailing.

" Which means there is someone in the company who leaked the information of the project to lenord tech and they were able to sign the patent before you could. " I said and he nodded. "That sounds challenging. Do we have all the information of the people who new about your project during the period?"

"Yes, you will get all the information from the legal department, and then you can proceed with the investigation. " He said and I nodded, I could see by the determination in his eyes that this was really important for him.

" Got it. I'll start gathering all the relevant documents and precedents right away. Do we have a timeline for this?"

"The sooner, the better. This project is very valuable to me, that's why I gave it to you rather than to wait for the legal department to handle it on their own. Keep me updated on your progress, and let me know if you need any assistance along the way."

"Will do, Mr Emerson. I'll make sure to give this case my full attention."

"I have full confidence in you, miss lana. " He concluded and I took my leave, I was about to open his cabin to leave when I heard him from behind. " And yeah miss lana, I wanted to tell you that I am not a grumpy boss, I do care for my employees."

"Of.. Of course Mr emersom " I answerd him through my bewilderment and saw him smiling lightly, which I took as my que to leave.

I was back in my department and I had to grab the documents Mr emerson mentioned, soon, so that I can start working on the case. I went straight to our department head Mr Johnson, who happens to have the files.

"May I come in sir? " I said after opening his cabin door coz I have been knocking on his door from a minute now but he didn't answer. The man sitting on the cabin chair lifted his head from his papers and looked ahead at me, as if I was a document and he was a scanning machine.

"Come in" He said with a curt nod and I entered his cabin. "I haven't seen you here before, what is your post? " He said in a dry voice as if he was trying to scare me and it was working a little, just a little bit because then I lifted my chin trying to show my confidence, and answerd him.

"I am the new appointed lawyer, Mr Johnson and I am here to collect the files of the lenord's patent infringement case, as per Mr Emerson's directions. " I said and he scoffed before getting up to grab a red file from his shelves.

"I don't know what Mr emerson was thinking when he decided to give this case to a new girl, there are plenty of good male lawyers here who can do this job with accuracy. " He was whispering with himself, but at the same time loud enough for me to hear ,I don't think he intended me to not here it coz he was giving me the looks as if I was some useless piece of thing. I wanted to give him a reply to his shit thinking but I don't want to make my first day more bad than it already is.

I grabbed the file from him and left his cabin. I am gonna give him an answer with my work rather than with my words. That piece of... No I don't want to make my more further sour.

I was waiting for my cab outside my office building when Mr Emerson's car stopped in front of me, I looked at it confused and soon Mr emerson opened the door making me look at him, was he offering me a ride back home?

"Come in miss lana, let's go. "

" It's okay Mr emerson, I have called a cab already, I can manage. "

"We live in the same apartment miss lana , it's easier if I take you with me "

"No, it's fine seriously! "

"I insist miss lana. "

"Umm okay "I said and sat inside the car, I fastened my seatbelt and cancelled the uber, meanwhile Mr emerson drove towards the apartment.

The car ride was completely silent, and a little awkward, now that I knew he was my boss. We reached at our building, he parked the car and we reached inside our apartment, without speaking a word. This was too much awkward, I need to make the atmosphere lighter if I want to live here freely.

" Umm Mr emerson I once again wanted to apologize for everything I did, sorry I didn't know who you were and I might have stepped on the line so please.. "

"What are you exactly apologizing for miss lana? " He asked cutting me mid sentence and I sighed before answering him.

"Umm I barged into your room, did so much useless talk during the breakfast and then throughout our way to the office, I am so.. "

" You don't need to apologize for any of that miss lana, whatever you did was because you thought I am only your roommate and that is exactly what we are, when we aren't in office so you didn't do anything wrong...."

He was talking so elegantly, looking so hot and I was just starring at him... Wait what am I doing? He is your boss lana.. CONCENTRATE!

".... And also I will appreciate if you would adress me as nathan, when we aren't in office, coz we are just roommates here and are equals and maybe will be friends in the future... "

Friends, he is saying we can be friends in the future!? Girl concentrate...

"...You can do whatever you want, this is your place as much as it is mine,........are you listening miss lana? "

"Yeah.. Yeah I am and yeah if you want me to call you with your first name then you will also have to call me by my first name only, deal?" I asked and forwarded my hand towards him for a handshake, which he took smiling making me feel some current flowing through my hand.

"Ok deal! "