Chapter 3

'Finally done', Nijirou stretched after the meeting came to an end, barely suppressing the yawn on the tip of his tongue.

Walking out with the demon king's butler by his side, he felt a little refreshed after catching up on his sleep throughout the meeting.

"-did you even listen to the meeting?", Deumus hadn't stopped his nagging from the moment they had stepped out of the room, "You shouldn't be spoiling his majesty, the demon king's reputation when you're out here as his representative-!"

"I did listen", Nijirou was finally annoyed by the constant chatter sounding in his ears and finally replied.

Deumus paused at being interrupted and looked down at him, "Oh?"

"And what did you learn about the mission then?"

The figure covered in black paused his footsteps and turned towards him very seriously,

"We're going to the hidden realm."

Deumus had thought he had underestimated their royal priest at first; but after listening to this answer he sighed,

"That much was known even before we came here."

"...we're going to fight alongside the other races", Nijirou tried to salvage the situation.

The demon king's butler was very troubled now, shaking his head in disapproval,

"And who're we going to fight against?"

"The necromancer of course!", Nijirou answered confidently this time.

But it only resulted in another weary sigh from his demon-companion,

"No!", Deumus was exasperated, "Were going to the hidden realm to fight with the left adjutant of the necromancer."

Seeing the dark robe before him tilting its head in confusion, he resigned to his fate and explained the whole meeting to his clueless companion,

"Some humans found traces of the left adjutant of the necromancer in the hidden realm. The great necromancer had two subordinates he considered as his hands; the right and left adjutants. They are both highly skilled as the only disciples of the necromancer.

"Ever since the news of the necromancer's return was spread, all the races have been on high alert, trying to search for traces of him to eliminate him as early as possible. And finding clues about his close subordinate in the hidden realm; the human king has requested for a team of people from different races to come together to capture him and learn about the necromancer's whereabouts."

Seeing the dark robe beside him nodding in understanding, Deumus was finally relieved. Narrowing his eyes at the human king arranging a huge monster as the means of their transport in the distance, he tapped Nijirou's hand twice.

"Let's go....we're leaving right away."

---------------------------------------------------------

In another place, Bakugou got up as well, making his way out of the hall with Kirishima following behind him excitedly.

"We're fighting an ancient monster, Bakubro! The most ferocious type of monster!"

Bakugou replied without turning back, "What monster?"

"The left adjutant of the necromancer of course!"

"Who said he was a monster?", Bakugou paused his footsteps and looked at Kirishima like he was an idiot.

The red-haired beastman was successfully confused, "What do you mean, Bakubro?"

"He's a lich, not a monster."