3. REPLACE

(Hellie x Tochter x Tim x Rye)

Now I'm sitting here. I cooked Mom's favorite meal, only to find out that Rye is inviting her over. So here I am, eating alone.

Rye and Mom have been official for about 1.5 months now, and together for a year in total. After Dad cheated on Mom, Mom and I became inseparable. We did everything together, even made movies together. We were inseparable. Then suddenly everything changed. She started going out often, I had to go to Dad's more often, and so on. I'm fed up with it now. When she was with Dad, everything was fine, wasn't it?

"Hey dear. Everything okay? Why are you calling?" I decided to call Dad. Then at least I won't be alone.

"Yeah, everything's fine, I just feel lonely and thought you could cheer me up?"

"Why are you alone? You said yesterday that you wanted to make Helena's favorite meal and went shopping specifically for it?"

"Yeah, that was the plan, but Rye decided to spontaneously invite her over for dinner."

"Are you still eating?"

"No, I'm not hungry anymore."

"How about I come over and we have dinner together? I'm on my way home anyway, as we had a long day on set today. Only if you want to, of course." I agree enthusiastically and wait for my Dad. Even though he cheated on Mom and I hate him for it, lately he's been there for me a lot.

When there's a knock on the door, I jump up excitedly and quickly go to answer it. I hug my Dad immediately when I see him and pull him inside. We sit down at the table and talk about everything and anything.

"You cooked very well. It tastes really delightful. You definitely inherited your mother's cooking skills," he smiles as we finish eating and are about to clear up and clean the kitchen. I smile at him and am about to start talking when the front door opens. The dogs run ahead and bark, but are quickly sent back.

Mom comes in smiling, but as soon as she sees Dad, it disappears.

"What are you doing here in my house?!" Rye asks immediately. I laugh sarcastically for a moment, which shocks Mom. I'm tired of being invisible to her. Since he's been here, I feel like I don't exist anymore.

"Your house? I bought it, and it's still in my name, Burton. I'd like to see what belongs to you in this house, besides your clothes," Dad grins. Rye gives him a death glare.

"Stop it! Both of you! What's going on here? Why are you here? And where's your car? I didn't see it anywhere," my Mom intervenes.

"I'm here because your daughter invited me to dinner. And I also have a new car."

"Why did you invite him?", she ask me.

"Why not?" I look at her questioningly. "Should I rather eat alone while you two are having a great time?"

"Rye just invited me to dinner, Kaydi..." I turn around and continue clearing the table. I pack up what's left so she can eat it tomorrow or whenever.

"Dad? Can I come with you?" I ask. Rye is sitting in the living room, and Mom went upstairs to change.

"Yes, of course. You can also come to the set if you want. We could even incorporate a role for you if you like. Of course, you don't have to. Only if you want to." I agree enthusiastically and quickly run to my room to get some things for tomorrow or the next few days. When I'm back downstairs, Dad is in the kitchen while Mom is cuddling with Rye on the sofa. We used to spend our evenings like this.

"We can." I finish my drink and then go to the door with Dad.

"You're going with him?!" she asks immediately, sitting up.

"Helena, she's also my daughter. Besides, I appreciate her unlike you!"

"But I appreciate her too?!" Mom looks at both of us, shocked and hurt.

"No, unfortunately you don't anymore! You and Kaydi have always been inseparable, and even more so after we split up! You were always seen together! Where has that time gone where she was important to you? Where you cooked with her, for example? She bought things for you from her savings, to make you potato chips with meat and sauce tonight. Exactly how you like it. You couldn't have known, but your toy boy!" Rye sits up straight away, wanting to say something, but he doesn't get a chance.

"Kaydi told him, or rather she told me, and he was there next to her when he picked her up. He then spontaneously invites you. Helena, we really tried to accept both of you, especially him, but it's not working anymore. For you, Kaydi is like air, and he is the world for you." Dad shakes his head disappointedly before pushing me out the door, as I'm too absorbed in her eyes, filling with tears.

I see her standing in the doorway. Watching us drive away. Watching Rye standing at the window. I lean against the car window and look outside. I hope she understood what I haven't been able to say lately.