DON'T OPEN - 1

In the dimly lit basement of their ancestral home, Emma and Jack stumbled upon an anomaly-an old, weathered door that seemed to materialize out of thin air. Its wood was warped, its hinges rusted, yet it exuded an inexplicable allure, drawing the siblings closer with each creak.

Curiosity eclipsed caution as they approached, their hands trembling as they reached for the tarnished knob. With a hesitant twist, the door groaned open, revealing a darkness that seemed to swallow all light. Jack's heart pounded in his chest, but Emma's eyes glinted with an unquenchable thirst for adventure.

Without exchanging a word, they stepped over the threshold, and the door slammed shut behind them with a resounding thud. Panic briefly gripped their hearts before fading into a sense of eerie calm.

They found themselves in a world shrouded in mist, where shadows danced with malevolent intent. The air was thick with whispers-echoes of forgotten souls trapped in this spectral realm.

As they ventured deeper, the siblings encountered twisted creatures that lurked in the shadows, their eyes gleaming with hunger. Jack's resolve wavered, but Emma pressed on, her determination unyielding.

Their journey led them to a towering castle, its spires piercing the ashen sky. Within its walls, they discovered the source of the darkness-an ancient sorcerer who had long been forgotten by time.

With a voice like gravel, the sorcerer revealed the truth-the door was a gateway to the realm of nightmares, a prison for his victims, and now, for Emma and Jack.

Trapped within the sorcerer's grasp, they fought against despair, clinging to the hope of escape. But as the shadows closed in around them, they realized that the true horror lay not in the darkness itself, but in the depths of their own minds.

In the end, they were consumed by the darkness, their screams fading into the abyss, their existence swallowed whole by the forgotten door in the basement.

A few miles away, a man reads a novel, soon realizing that the story is his very own - and according to the book, a killer is looming.