Chapter Ten

Gilbert appears out of the fireplace in front of him is a smiling Penny and gentleman from the Ministry, he greets Gilbert welcome to the Ministry he says with his arm outstretched Gilbert shakes it, unfortunately this is not a visit just a quick passing through so if you two would like to follow me I will take you to street level. They entered via the floo system a green glazed tile corridor on either side floo fireplaces with lots of people coming and going out of the floo system, as they follow the gentleman they walk into a large atrium, this is the heart of the ministry says the gentleman there is gold statue of a figure standing in the middle of a fountain around the atrium there are glass windows going skywards, there are a couple of banners flying showing the picture of the Minister of Magic, as they pass through the throng of people busily going about their business there are paper planes flying around, the gentleman says those are letters to other ministers or staff members, we used to have owls but they made such a mess it was decided no owls allowed in the Ministry building. As they hurriedly walk along the corridor the gentleman asks what year are you both in at Hogwarts. We are in the 6th Year says Penny, oh so any of you planning to come work at the Ministry Penny shakes her head but Gilbert says yes I plan to be a Curse Breaker, the gentleman stops and turns to look at Gilbert, I don't want to put you off, but it is a very difficult post to get into you have to be really good at all of your subjects and have passed outstanding in at six of them plus be recommended by your Headmaster, oh Gilbert replies, they start walking again, Penny pipes well you heard about the Cursed Vault problem at Hogwarts, yes I think so who ever managed to break those vaults would be more than qualified to be a Curse Breaker, but I am sure that was one of your more experienced Professors, no its wasn't replies Penny it was Gilbert. The gentleman stops dead in his tracks I do apologise I assumed that it was done by someone; older Gilbert retorts, well yes he replies, they continue walking the gentleman feeling a bit embarrassed, as they come to a door well here is the door to the outside world, it's been nice to meet you both, thank you for escorting us out replies Gilbert, Penny smiles as he opens the door bright sunshine glistens over the door as they head outside the gentleman quickly shuts the door behind them, there they are in a back street in the city of London.

Well Penny Gilbert says this is your city I follow your lead, thank you Gilbert she says with a smirk, lets head to that street over there, I will hopefully get my bearings from there, as they walk along the quiet street towards a very busy street Gilbert chuckles thinking what they have been doing for the past few weeks, that's a lot of travelling, Gilbert snaps out of his day dream as he walks into the back of Penny who has stopped to look to see which direction they need to go in, Ouch says Penny, Sorry Penny Gilbert laughs was just daydreaming; I guessed that Penny replies, I think we need to head in this direction we should find and underground station shortly, so they both head westwards along a busy street with people rushing around with a lot of traffic passing by after about ten minutes of Walking Penny says there is one we better cross the road over here to get to it so Gilbert follows Penny to a crossing wait she says Gilbert stands still, the lit man is red I have to wait till its green before I can cross Gilbert tries to remember, its turns green Penny come on cross so Gilbert hurriedly crosses over with Penny then they turn left to the underground station, As they walk down the stairs Penny is checking her pockets, Gilbert asks what's the matter; I am looking for some money, muggle money Gilbert, oh ok. Phew she says I knew I had folded a note in my bag before we left for New York, as Penny pulls out a folded ten pound note, she then walks to the window two student tickets to Richmond please, attendant replies that will be eight pounds fifty, she hands over the note the attendant pushes out her change with two tickets, she passes one to Gilbert thank you he says, now Gilbert just watch what I do, remember you have done it before yes I think I know. As they walk towards the barriers Penny places the ticket in the slot and it opens the barrier and the ticket pops out the other side and Penny picks it up, Gilbert does the same walks through and picks his ticket there you go she says smiling they then walk to the platform westbound district line.