Chapter two:part one

Don't tell me your taking that pesty cat" Maria said, picking pebbles up by his collar and flinging him on my bed. I looked up briefly from the book I had on my lap, watching Pebbles fly across and land safely in the bed. He let out a small meow and before settling on the duvet, licking his paw and staring at nothing. "I won't describe him as pesty, fiesty is more... appropriate" I replied. Maria gave me an annoyed look, her blue eyes narrowed slightly. She always did that when she was done with me for that day which was a lot of times.
"Aren't you going to help to pack?" She inquired, gesturing to the huge amount of boxes and suitcases littered around my room. Right. Like a thought crossed my mind. I was getting married. It still felt weird, that in a few hours I was going to be in the house of my supposed husband.  A man I had never seen before but if he did look anything like Rowland them he was a figure to reckon with. Not that I thought Rowland was handsome or anything, he looked quite similar to one of my book boyfriends and I had plenty. I changed my sitting position, placing my neck on the arm of the chair and behind my knee on the other arm, so I was just dangling and looking at Maria from a different perspective, she had a scowl on her face as she regarded me.
"You know I won't wear half of what you've packed, save yourself the stress" I answered, looking her in the eye as I placed a finger on my tongue, wetting it a bit and using it to turn to the next page of my book. She rolled her eyes and left my room,  making sure to slam the door to show her annoyance. I chuckled, going back to reading my book. Mother came in a few moments which meant Maria had gone to rat me out, she came in with a flock of maids who began packing all the stuff and cleaning the room up.
Mother glared at me, her eyes burning with anger "you" her finger pointed right at me, poking me in the heart "bathroom now". I murmured a yes mother, dropped my book and headed into the bathroom. My plan wasn't working, I was hoping g I'll annoy the Petit family so much they'll consider me unworthy to marry their son. I was scared. Scared that the future I once envisioned for myself was coming to pieces around me and I could do nothing about it. Just hope that he was as good as people said he was. With mother in charge packing didn't take up to an hour, soon I was well dressed and saying goodbye to my family. The Petit family had sent an entourage to come pick me up, a long line of black fashy cars with the Petit crest on them.
"Make me proud" father said, craddling my cheek. He still looked dazed and confused. Mother and Maria gave me hugs but Kara was very unwelcoming. She gave me a disastrous glare which I returned with a smile. It only made her more upset and soon she was stomping up the stairs letting out a cry of frustration. I couldn't really blame her, I felt the exact same way.
"It's time to go miss" one of the many men in suit said. I nodded, turning and entering the car they'd opens for me. The interior was made of thick black leather that smelt new, it seemed the car had never been used before.  One of the men sat with me in the car, he was dressed in  suit as well, the black fabric wrapped around his perfectly muscles body, his skin was pale in a sexy way, sharp hazel eyes, blonde hair tousled on his head and a jaw I was sure could slice my fingers into two. He sat opposite me, crossed legged, his eyes observing every inch of me. He had this hard look on his face that clearly said don't talk to me.  I could see the tiniest bit of a tattoo creeping from inside his cloth, it looked like a skull with an inscription under it.
"What does the tattoo mean?" I inquired. He paused for a moment, dragging his eyes away from the window and staring at me. A blank expression etched in his face.
"Quiet amore" he answered. I didn't need anyone to tell me to shut up. Finally we turned into a dirt road, the one that led up to the Petit mansion,.Everyone knew the mansion, the roads but noone had ever crossed the grounds. It was considered impenetrable to anyone that was not authorized. But here I was, the gates opened silently and out car drove up a long winding road before coming to a stop on front of the house. I'd seen the mansion many times but each time it took my breathe away with it's ancient columns, pure gold paint, large porch and even the fountain in the middle of the driveway l. It was every girls dream house and now it was mine.  The car came to a stop, one of the guards opened the door for me to come out. I stepped out of the car, inhaling the fresh air, and enjoying the view. My new home