12. A glimmer of a breakthrough

Keegan cleared his throat to let Charisma know that he was standing behind her while she was happily playing with Antonia in the sand just outside of their accommodation.
"I missed you last night, we've had a couple of really good dates here and you know I love you, I don't need to keep saying it but I was really upset that you didn't come back to our room last night.."

"Antonia needed me...

"no, more like you needed her

"no, more like you needed her.. a distraction from me..." he looked at her finger and could see that she still wasn't wearing her wedding ring and it got under his skin more than he thought it would.
" baby, can we talk about something else today and wait for the therapist to turn up before we start discussing anything else?"

" I don't know if there's any more to discuss...

"There is much more to discuss you know there is, what happened to you with Gina, we have to talk about it..." he paused. "I never called you a whore... why would I?"

"you may not have called me it, but that was how it was implied, you reeled off to me name after name and I didn't even have chance to think about the times that I was around those people and what actually happened. Instead, you made me feel like I have been sexually involved with all of these people, flirting with all of them... And if that is how you see me, then us being together can't happen"

"so you want to lay the blame for everything at my door and I'm good with that. I'm 95 percent of the reason behind all of it anyway... I just wanted this to be a clean break, if I really believed that you were a whore, do you honestly think I would be with you?..."

"Hunny was one, Storm acted like one, Tatiana definitely was one... Scarlett was another one... so maybe I do fit the profile.."

"charisma, enough!!!" He snapped. " I know that you've only slept with a couple of those people, I know you're not a whore... And I hate that word because I would never associate you with that word and that cuts me that you would even think that I would look at you in that way..." he told her.
He sat next to her on the sand and Antonia, oblivious to everything gave her daddy a huge smile and held her hand out to him.
He took her from Charisma and played with her in the sand.
Charisma still wouldn't look at him and she never even raised a smile. She just stared straight out to sea.
"is this gonna work, because if it is doing more harm than good then I wanna stop it now..."

"I never cheated on you but you cheated on me countless times, over and over again with different people... So why do I feel so bad for trying to accept someone else's love towards me when all I had from you was hate and abuse... I only ever wanted to be with you and that was why none of my other relationships worked out, none of those men was Keegan and that was who I needed... Now I feel terrible like I instigated you to do most of those things by being close to people around you...